RCMP prohibit more guns - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > RCMP prohibit more guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
most citizens in the UK have no interest in firearms," No interest probably means unless your in the military, you also have no access to weapons nor do you know how to use them.
Sometimes I think I am wasting my time . People seem to have their own view on thing and even if its totally wrong they, and proved to be wrong they still believe what they want to believe. I doint understand that type of thinking, you get it in both pro gun and anti gun individuals. Anyone over the age of 18 can have a firearm in the UK, unless they have a violent crime background. Now that's a fact if people doint believe me a quick internet search will confirm that. People just post things to suit their agenda, and doint let the truth get in the way.

Quote:
When was the last time England had to actually save their own arses from an invader? I know the answer, not in the last couple centuries! They learned to let others worry more about their futures than themselves. UKers have no interest until someone wants what they have then what will you do? I know the answer to that also, Call the Former slave colony now known as the USA and ask for reinforcements.
Do you have a point or is it just another boring anti British post. I am not sure what it has to do with the thread.
Quote:
Jolly old England did to Scotland and America!
What the same as Americans did to the Native American Indians. ? PS The joke is that some have a go at me for having a go at Americans.

Last edited by manta; 03-23-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #32

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Self defence would not seen as a good reason for owning a firearm in Canada that's why handguns can not be owned or carried for self defence.
There are, indeed, many here in Canada who think like you do; including most police officers and prosecutors and some judges. They are all wrong. The right to self-defence is meaningless if people are not permitted the means to effectively exercise it. My point is made over and over in other people's blood - like the women who called "911" repeatedly in Winnipeg a few years ago as a known stalker threatened them over a 15-20 minute period and then killed them. Their story became public when somebody released the 911 tapes. Miserable deaths like that bother me. Progressives, not so much.

Quote:
Sometimes I think I am wasting my time . People seem to have their own view on thing and even if its totally wrong they, and proved to be wrong they still believe what they want to believe.
Some of us here know exactly what you're talking about.

The difference is that we have read and studied the facts, studies and philosophies surrounding gun control and you seem to have pretty much been satisfied with your opinion. That is your right. You are entitled to make up your own opinion and cling to it. You are not entitled to make up your own facts to support said opinions, however.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 03-23-2014 at 05:19 PM.
JetDriver Likes This 
Old 03-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #33
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6141 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Sometimes I think I am wasting my time . People seem to have their own view on thing and even if its totally wrong they, and proved to be wrong they still believe what they want to believe. I doint understand that type of thinking, you get it in both pro gun and anti gun individuals. Anyone over the age of 18 can have a firearm in the UK, unless they have a violent crime background. Now that's a fact if people doint believe me a quick internet search will confirm that. People just post things to suit their agenda, and doint let the truth get in the way.

Do you have a point or is it just another boring anti British post. I am not sure what it has to do with the thread.
What the same as Americans did to the Native American Indians. ? PS The joke is that some have a go at me for having a go at Americans.
I thought you said UK folks dont have any interest in Firearms? Thats my big point, it cant be because your crime rate is low or you dont have to worry about neighbors with questionable intentions cause your stats on both are pretty shaky. My guess is they have progressed past self defense and other responses to leave it to the authorities. The authorities are the same ones that are surrounded by armed protectors unlike the plebes.

Dont get me wrong Manta, This rant isnt anti Brit, Like I said before, I live in one of the most oppressive states in the Union so Im not much better off than our predecessor homeland you call home. Unlike England, New England and New Yorkers are fighting back, we wont quit until we win.

And about that Indian thing, we were a British colony when the slaughter began, another reason it took us hundreds years before we ended the bloodshed. The Indians were pretty pissed off at the red coats and that was plenty of a problem even after they left. Actually, The USA is about the only nation in the world that didnt have colonies but weve mopped up after countries that did and lost control of them.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
The difference is that we have read and studied the facts, studies and philosophies surrounding gun control and you seem to have pretty much been satisfied with your opinion. That is your right. You are entitled to make up your own opinion and cling to it. You are not entitled to make up your own facts to support said opinions, however.
You have lost me. I pointed out the firearms controls in Canada, I didn't say I agreed with them. I think people in Canada and the UK should be able to carry firearms for self defence just like in America. So I am not sure where you are coming from.

Quote:
I thought you said UK folks dont have any interest in Firearms? Thats my big point, it cant be because your crime rate is low or you dont have to worry about neighbors with questionable intentions cause your stats on both are pretty shaky.
I doint know either why firearms are not popular among most in the UK. But I know its not because they are hard to get. There are plenty of firearms clubs in this part of the UK but its still a minority pursuit.

Quote:
And about that Indian thing, we were a British colony when the slaughter began, another reason it took us hundreds years before we ended the bloodshed. The Indians were pretty pissed off at the red coats and that was plenty of a problem even after they left.
So the slaughter of the Native American Indians by American settlers and army was the fault of the British, that were not in control at the time. I think that's rewriting history. It was the greed of the American government and people for land and gold that lead to the slaughter of the Indians, not the British. I think most Americans and historians would agree. What was seen as excitable behaviour by countries a few hundred years ago would not be now. As for the UK Scotland can leave if a majority want to. There is a Scottish independence vote on 18 September 2014, the same goes for any region of the UK.

Last edited by manta; 03-23-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #35

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

In all fairness to the Conservatives (for now) the new law change was at the discretion of the RCMP, and not actually approved by the government. According to bill C-68 the RCMP has unilateral power to reclassify guns at their discretion without being subject to review by Parliament.

With that said this is absolute nonsense. I have written emails to my local MP, the Prime Ministers office, and to Public Safety Minister MP Steven Blaney explaining my thoughts on this decision and my expectations that they take action to rectify this.

A two-year amnesty has been approved meaning that owners will not be charged with crimes for possession - it's not much but at least it buys them time to get organized.

The Conservatives have attempted to ease-up controls, mostly just with the LGR, but as far as these bans are concerned, it was not directly of their doing. FOR NOW, I will give them some slack and will lay blame at the feet of the RCMP.

RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson is the man responsible for this.

Let's blame the man responsible. Write your MP, the PMO and your local advocacy groups. Keep the pressure up!

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 08-06-2014, 04:29 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
In all fairness to the Conservatives (for now) the new law change was at the discretion of the RCMP, and not actually approved by the government. According to bill C-68 the RCMP has unilateral power to reclassify guns at their discretion without being subject to review by Parliament.
Nope, not at all. This will be explained below the quote.
With that said this is absolute nonsense. I have written emails to my local MP, the Prime Ministers office, and to Public Safety Minister MP Steven Blaney explaining my thoughts on this decision and my expectations that they take action to rectify this.
Step 1: Admit the reclassification was their fault, not throw the RCMP under the bus and hold their heads in the sand.
A two-year amnesty has been approved meaning that owners will not be charged with crimes for possession - it's not much but at least it buys them time to get organized.

The Conservatives have attempted to ease-up controls, mostly just with the LGR, but as far as these bans are concerned, it was not directly of their doing. FOR NOW, I will give them some slack and will lay blame at the feet of the RCMP.
The Conservatives should not be getting away with blaming the RCMP for the change. It was the Conservatives that allowed the Order in Council to stand.
RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson is the man responsible for this.
Nope.
Let's blame the man responsible. By man responsible, I hope you mean Prime Minister Harper. Write your MP, the PMO and your local advocacy groups. Keep the pressure up!
There was a recent Access to Information Program request sent to the RCMP on the "reclassification". Here is the link to the ATI document.

The ATI proves one of the things that has been bugging me for weeks.

The opposition has been getting away with saying things similar to "the RCMP banned this weapon because it is too dangerous for Canadians."

That is bull****, as the RCMP didn't prohibit the firearm due to any feature. The RCMP prohibited it as they were following an Order in Council (OIC) passed by the Liberal party that prohibited:

Quote:
The firearms of the designs commonly known as the SG-550 rifle and SG-551 carbine, and any variants or modified versions of them.
The RCMP at NO POINT made any judgement on the safety, danger, appropriateness, or otherwise of Canadians owning Swiss Arms products. The RCMP were simply following the highly politicized and flawed legislation. There was no discretion used, the Classic Greens ARE SG550s.

Similarly, the Conservatives should not be getting away with blaming the RCMP for the change. It was the Conservatives that allowed the Order in Council to stand for more than 7 years.

There was no need for a new amnesty, that was an odd decision by Blaney, he could have just amended the OIC to not include any reference to the SG-550 or SG-551. Converted autos, and automatics (original SG550s) would still remain prohibited, but purpose built semi-auto SG550s would be fine!

Old 08-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #37

Liked 1460 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
We are actually retreating from where we were and are not similar to the UK at all, really. We never got that bizarre.

Canada remains one of the small handful of countries that ever repealed gun registration laws. We still require registration of handguns - a requirement that was brought in around 1930 when there was a fear of an armed Bolshevik uprising. I haven't met an armed Bolshevik in.....ever. Just goes to show you how hard it is to get rid of a bad law.

We do have a fair ways to go to get out of the gun control asylum. I'd sure agree on that much.
Wait a second. You say it was enacted to prevent armed Bolsheviks and you have never seen an armed Bolshevik? Heck, it sounds like it worked perfectly for round about 84 years.........

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan