RCMP prohibit more guns - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > RCMP prohibit more guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Glad to help.

As you consider whether/what to do in the future and may find yourself wishing "they" would do something, please permit me to pass along to you and your friends a gem that was given to me:

"We are the people we have been waiting for."

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3173 Times on 2154 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Wow, Conservative? It sounds Communistic to me,...very Communistic...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #13

I agree that there's nothing "conservative" about these gun control laws in Kanada.

In some ways, esp. foreign policy, Harper's government is indeed conservative. In other areas, they are definitely CINO. Seems to be all the rage these days.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:21 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 721 Times on 446 Posts
Likes Given: 1704

Good luck to you all above the border. I could not possibly be so polite in writing to my elected thiev... er, officials.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

People Like This 
Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #15

All ready to print, sign and mail:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/NFA%20Postcard%20Copy%20_EnglishFinal.pdf

Old 03-22-2014, 04:50 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Sent out emails followed up with snail mail.

Got one response (which I was surprised about). But, it still doesn't cut the mustard.

Dear Ms. X:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the recent decision of the RCMP to prohibit the Swiss Arms Classic Green Rifle. As you are aware, the rifle was transferred from non-restricted to prohibited status by the RCMP on Thursday, February 27th.

I was troubled to learn of this decision, and I am therefore pleased that the Minister of Public Safety, Steven Blaney is taking the appropriate actions to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized. On Monday, March 3, 2014, Minister Blaney announced that he will bring forward amnesty to ensure that individuals in possession of these Swiss-imported rifles will continue to be able to possess their property without threat of criminal charges.

Details of this amnesty will be made public in the near future, and I will continue to closely monitor this situation as will Minister Blaney to ensure the rights of gun owners are respected.

Our government will continue to strive to make Canada one of the safest countries in the world without penalizing law-abiding citizens.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views with me; I hope that my response is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.

Yours truly,

James Rajotte, MP

Edmonton-Leduc

JR/ch

Old 03-22-2014, 05:45 AM   #17

Yeah, well criminals need amnesty. Gun owners are not criminals.

It is offensive to me that our government allows the national police to create thousands of paper criminals with this latest gun ban and then grants us an "amnesty" and wants credit for it.

People Like This 
Old 03-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #18

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

For many people a gun collection is an investment. I see no difference between confiscating someone's investment and making it impossible for them to sell it. Lets face it, if you have to sell a gun, but a very limited number of people are allowed to buy it, the value just plummeted.

We think that this could not happen in America. But we used to say that about a lot of things. Take free speech for example. That is now a hate crime.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 03-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Unfortunately they seem to be going down the same road as the UK. Looking at the firearms laws at present in Canada there isn't a big difference from the UK.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #20

We are actually retreating from where we were and are not similar to the UK at all, really. We never got that bizarre.

Canada remains one of the small handful of countries that ever repealed gun registration laws. We still require registration of handguns - a requirement that was brought in around 1930 when there was a fear of an armed Bolshevik uprising. I haven't met an armed Bolshevik in.....ever. Just goes to show you how hard it is to get rid of a bad law.

We do have a fair ways to go to get out of the gun control asylum. I'd sure agree on that much.