Open Carry Alberta - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > Open Carry Alberta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
there are always going to be idiots who believe what they want to believe, in spite of what common sense should be telling them. many states here in the US have had CC and OC for many years now. so far, it has been very far from being the OK Corral Shootout!

That's why lots of Canadians are wanting the opportunity to prove we can be responsible with a sidearm on our hips. We also find it a little silly that police up here can carry a sidearm with out an RPAL (licence required to own a handgun), but yet people who have gone through the day or two long course aren't allowed to carry a sidearm......even though a civilian is most likely getting more range time in then the average police officer is.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
That's why lots of Canadians are wanting the opportunity to prove we can be responsible with a sidearm on our hips. We also find it a little silly that police up here can carry a sidearm with out an RPAL (licence required to own a handgun), but yet people who have gone through the day or two long course aren't allowed to carry a sidearm......even though a civilian is most likely getting more range time in then the average police officer is.
keep the petitions going and remember to use facts and proof in your debates. numbers are your strongest ally in this fight. email or write the people who havethe power to make the changes. keep the pressure upon them. get gun right groups involved.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
keep the petitions going and remember to use facts and proof in your debates. numbers are your strongest ally in this fight. email or write the people who havethe power to make the changes. keep the pressure upon them. get gun right groups involved.

Oh trust me, I'm trying man. It took this petition almost a year to get 45 signatures, since sharing it on the 18th we're already up to 497, that's over ten times the signatures in not even a quarter of the time. Right now I'm trying to get it out through Twitter as well since it's on a few different Facebook pages as, others have also shared it through their Facebook too.

I'd ask you guys south of the border to sign it as well, but something tells me that any signatures from those not living with in Canada wouldn't count and would probably cause more harm then good.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Oh trust me, I'm trying man. It took this petition almost a year to get 45 signatures, since sharing it on the 18th we're already up to 497, that's over ten times the signatures in not even a quarter of the time. Right now I'm trying to get it out through Twitter as well since it's on a few different Facebook pages as, others have also shared it through their Facebook too.

I'd ask you guys south of the border to sign it as well, but something tells me that any signatures from those not living with in Canada wouldn't count and would probably cause more harm then good.
i doubt that any signatures from south of you would have any merit. i would sign it myself if i thought it would help your cause though. i wish all the best of luck. i believe LAC's should be afforded the opportunity to be able to protect themselves at all times.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
i doubt that any signatures from south of you would have any merit. i would sign it myself if i thought it would help your cause though. i wish all the best of luck. i believe LAC's should be afforded the opportunity to be able to protect themselves at all times.

That's why I haven't asked. Just seen our version of the NRA post about what laws we'd like to see changed, gave my opinion and put a link to the petition there......with in a minute or so, we gained another four signatures.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #16

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Frankly, I'd support both CC or OC, and simultaneously support harsher penalties for those who use guns to commit a crime, and I mean a real crime like robbery or assault or murder, not self-defense or some paper crime.

I'm a firm believer in holding people accountable and punishing them for what they actually DO, not what they COULD DO. If someone wants to carry a gun, let them, but if they commit a crime make the punishment harsh so that people think before they do something. If they're too dumb to think about what they're doing, then they should be taken off the streets.

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #17

I find that every Person should be educated about Firearms and Safety. Most People are afraid because they are not introduced to it and not knowing anything about it gives a negative impression. I hope it will all change and support the open carry.