Long-Gun Registry is gone. Now What? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > Long-Gun Registry is gone. Now What?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalhero View Post
Me personally I would of kept the long gun registry. The only thing I would change would be the mag restriction. Because I would like the police to know wat I have for safety/ personal reasoning
C'mon now TH...You can't go digging up a semi-retired thread like that without offering some sort of explanation...especially when others are asking for your input...Kindly explain your reasoning...

Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #22

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

long gun registry????.........where?........with who?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #23

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalhero

Me personally I would of kept the long gun registry. The only thing I would change would be the mag restriction. Because I would like the police to know wat I have for safety/ personal reasoning
I'll tell you what, a long gun registry ain't for YOUR safety. It's basically the precursor to confiscation, and so the government can keep an "eye" on you. I understand what you mean, but it doesn't work like that. I'm amazed that your countrymen were able to move back towards the right track by repealing this registry.

As for your coffee, I'd switch to a "different blend" if you know what I mean.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 11-17-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

While I don't agree with him TH is entitled to his opinion.

Maybe if your guns got stolen they'd be easier to track down if they're registered, or potentially if a gun is found at a scene you could prove that it is not your by virtue of your being accounted for in a federal database...

Frankly, I'm still glad that it's gone. I think the registry does more harm than good - but it's all in how it is used. It COULD be used for good things, it's just that it susually used for the wrong reasons - and ends. And yes the mag restrictions need to go.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2692 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalhero View Post
Major league TROLL ALERT!!!!!!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2692 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
While I don't agree with him TH is entitled to his opinion.

Maybe if your guns got stolen they'd be easier to track down if they're registered, or potentially if a gun is found at a scene you could prove that it is not your by virtue of your being accounted for in a federal database...

Frankly, I'm still glad that it's gone. I think the registry does more harm than good - but it's all in how it is used. It COULD be used for good things, it's just that it susually used for the wrong reasons - and ends. And yes the mag restrictions need to go.
Personal responsibility; You keep a record of your own guns and serial numbers. Why the Hell would anyone want the Government to do that for them?

We do "gun traces" through ATF all the time. The gun "found at the scene" is traced from the manufacturer to the wholesaler to the dealer to the original purchaser. That person is tracked down and an explanation is sought for the gun.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball