Firearm Licence in Canada
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > Firearm Licence in Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Default Firearm Licence in Canada

Hello every1!!

Well, i'm a new immigrant in Canada. I intend to do firearm license in Canada ( in Québec province in fact). So, i've some questions:

- Where could I demand this licence?
- If I got this, it's worth in the U.S???
- It's the 1st time I do it, so which tests I must pass for 1st time

Merci d'avance!! Thanks

Attention: Aucun avertissement! FEU ^^

Warning: No warning! SHOOT! ^^

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hi there,

to get a firearms license in Canada you must first register for the CFSC and CRFSC (Canadian Firearm Safety Course, Restricted Safety Course). These will grant you the ability to own any legal gun in Canada (except prohibited ones, which is another story).

You can look up trainers on the internet "Firearmscanada.com" is a good source. The training course companies are NOT part of the government, they are individual businesses.

The course will teach you all the basics on handling and laws, and you will be given 4 tests (2 written and 2 practical) which you need 80% or better on in order to pass. They are very easy...

Once that is done the company will give you some forms to fill out, you will pay a fee, and you will need at least 2 references from non-family members. This form and references will be sent to the RCMP, and they will do a background check on you for criminal history.

If you pass the check, they will process your paperwork and you will get a license within about 6 months. After that you can buy longarms and handguns, and ammunition/body armour etc.

Honestly just try to find a firearms company that does training near you, they will take you through the whole process.

I hope this helps.

( The total costs for the course, tests licences etc should be around $400.00.)

Good luck.

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #3

Aussi,

Bienvenue vers le Canada! Tu parle Anglais bien. J'ai ne an Montreal, mais mon francais c'est tres mal parce-que j'habite en B.C.

Bon chance.

- Ronald Reagan

-Unknown-

"No Compromise"

Last edited by TrueNorth; 06-29-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #4

Oh, and this license has little value in the US. Although you will need it to legally take guns into the states, you will have to declare and conform to any US customs laws that they decide. Also, importing guns form the US to Canada will be complicated, I personally do not recommend trying to buy in the states and import back across the border, even if what you buy is legal here, it's just complicated.

If you have a firearms license though, you are legally allowed to travel to the US with your guns so long as you follow the border laws which I won't get into here. You'll have to look that up on the Canada/US border websites.

- Ronald Reagan

-Unknown-

"No Compromise"

Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #5

Likes Given: 5

Hi TrueNorth ^^

Ok thanks man. This's very useful for me. Oh no, english's just my second language after french. I've just learned it not long ago. By the way, thanks again ^^

uhmm, sorry about the delay you know, a new immigrant, many things had to do. Did you already get the licence yet? Ok, you said I should try to find a FA company to train me. That I don't understand very clearly, can you explain it?

Here for french ^^ " ok, c'est pas grave, j'espère qu'on pourra se voir dans le futur proche!! On se discutera plus d'armés de feu"

Attention: Aucun avertissement! FEU ^^

Warning: No warning! SHOOT! ^^

Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

In the USA you have to be a resident in a state to buy a pistol and that is only good in your state of residence for buying. Rifles and shotguns I am not sure.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.