Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Wisconsin Gun Forum > Public Range in Appleton?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Does anyone know of a public range NOT sponsored or owned by a club? I'm a member of the Twin City Rod and Gun Club, but would like to find a quiet unmanned range. I live in Holcombe, just North of Eau Claire, but have a condo in Neenah. I shoot at a range built on an old landfill in Cornell. Nice and quiet and quick to stop in and practice 100 rounds. Just looking for the same by Appleton.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #2

go to Shiocton, its a nice range, Paper targets only, its a 3 or 5 dollar donation, which is cheap, and you can shoot all day, it also has a nice archery range with elevated stands, there is a 200 yrd range, 400 or 500 yrd range, pistol range, nice tables (about 10) and the local police check in now and then to make sure things are safe and they don't bother you unless you don't follow the rules, the range is right next to the city park, and anyone in town can direct you to it, and they have back stops and target racks, but you can use your own if you like, please clean up after yourself!

Last edited by hawkins455054; 06-16-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1002 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 389

The Shiocton range is not hard to find. The day I visited, while I was at the pistol range, someone was shooting their full auto.

http://www.shiocton.org/mobile/#mp3sp2