Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Washington Gun Forum (
-   -   Concealed Carry class? (

JustinM 12-17-2012 03:32 AM

Concealed Carry class?
Does anyone teach a concealed carry class? I'd like to take one that includes application fees.

KG7IL 12-17-2012 05:17 PM

Since Washington State does not require proof of a government sanctioned class, and is a 'shall issue' state, you may find that any classes offered vary.

The Concealed Pistol License is a Washington State License administered by County for un-incorporated areas, and Cities for those residing in a city.

I am not sure where you live, but your WA posty indicated that you used to live in UP by Tacoma.

Pierce County Sheriff's office handles this area. $52.50 for an original license.

I am not aware of classes,
Check the following.
Gun Ranges, Staff and their bulletin boards.
Local Gun Shop(s)

JustinM 12-17-2012 09:36 PM

I don't need any guidance on handling firearms or even carrying. I knew about the shall issue but figured a class on your record would help. I am a veteran and a country boy lol. Guns have been a big part of my life since a young age. I could probably teach the class. I'm not a WA resident that's why I wanted all the help I could get.

KG7IL 12-23-2012 02:08 PM

without knowing your location, I can only point you to gunsite.

JustinM 12-24-2012 07:24 PM

I live between Mcchord AFB and Ft Lewis. Well I guess joint base lol. But in the middle

KG7IL 12-25-2012 03:44 PM


Originally Posted by JustinM (Post 1064585)
I live between Mcchord AFB and Ft Lewis. Well I guess joint base lol. But in the middle

Stop into Quantico or Surplus Ammo, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I took my son into Tacoma so he could get his CPL. 4.5 hours due to large number of people.

Saw quite a few in uniform. but also ~20% women.

It was a good day.

JustinM 12-30-2012 08:33 PM

I live just a few minutes from the one in Lakewood. I haven't been yet but I've driven by.

ArmedAndVegan 01-01-2013 04:08 AM

If you live in the city you can go to your city's police department OR the county sheriff.

My local PD was offering CPL by appointment only and were booked for more than a month. The county sheriff just has regular business hours, no appointment needed.

Bikertrash58 05-01-2013 03:47 AM

You might want to look into Firearms Academy in Seattle, Insights (not sure exact location right off the top of my head but it's on the Westside around the Sea-Tac area) and if you want to take a little Drive, Thunder Ranch in S.Oregon is a top notch facility.
Hope this helps.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.