You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Your thoughts on Heritage revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts

They are a bit on the rough side,,,
But have more inherent accuracy than most can utilize.

I bought one for a present to a new College grad,,,
Your thoughts on Heritage revolvers - Revolver Handguns
She's trying to wear the dang thing out she practices so much.

Her fiance has a Ruger Single-Ten,,,
She consistently out-shoots him with her Heritage.

It proves the old adage,,,
It's the injun, not the arrow.

Would I rather have a Ruger,,,
Heck yes I would.

But if a Heritage was all I could afford,,,
I would not feel embarrassed at the firing line.

Aarond

People Like This 
Old 01-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #12

Liked 322 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 148

The Heritage Rough Riders are in MY opinion, for somebody that cannot afford a Ruger and don't intend it to be passed down. The rugers are bomb proof, and not only craftsmanship & materials, but also the design is kind of sad when compared. For example I've seen barrels come loose, the screws are notorious for backing out-even with lower grade loc-tite applied sometimes, and the cylinder latch is a stamped (bent) piece of sheet mild steel. I've seen too many break down when used heavily. HOWEVER, they DO shoot AND hold up a LOT more than most (even I) give them credit for. If you're wanting a fine firearm that will outlast your grandkids, get a Ruger. If you're strapped and need a plinker, they're hard to beat, and certainly more fun to shoot than a Ruger or even Freedom Arms (in a class by itself!) which is on layaway or is still in the form of money in a piggy bank.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:05 AM   #13

Liked 306 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I bought a dog leg grip one about 13 years ago for my wife to put in her antique cabinet. It fit the look of what she had on display. Since then it no longer sits with the antiques but in the gun safe. It's her "little gun" and she has fun shooting it. I had to bend the front sight to make it more accurate but all in all it's a fun gun to shoot, doesn't break your hand and really doesn't look too bad for what it is and what it cost. With some imagination you could see it in the waistband of a barkeep or a gambler in the 1800's.
It's my avatar.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:32 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4661 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 25207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
I bought a dog leg grip one about 13 years ago for my wife to put in her antique cabinet. It fit the look of what she had on display. Since then it no longer sits with the antiques but in the gun safe. It's her "little gun" and she has fun shooting it. I had to bend the front sight to make it more accurate but all in all it's a fun gun to shoot, doesn't break your hand and really doesn't look too bad for what it is and what it cost. With some imagination you could see it in the waistband of a barkeep or a gambler in the 1800's.
It's my avatar.
Always wondered what pistol that was, just never asked.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #15

Liked 102 Times on 59 Posts

Thought my kids how to shoot with one. They are great for that.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #16

Liked 261 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
It's my avatar.
Pardon me if I have committed an indiscretion. But, that is a Bird Head grip not a dog leg.