Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Your thoughts on a .454

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I think most people realize we cant give them "what its worth", because we cant sell it for "more than its worth" and we need to make a profit...But in my 2yrs at the shop, i have never seen someone take 50%.
Unfortunealy, I have & far more often then I care to admit. I remember an older gentlemen who came into the gun shop; someone,had passed away and left their gun collection - beautiful, old o/u and S/S. He didn't know what to do,so he took them into the local gun shop to sell instead of gathering dust.

I stood there for awhile, admiring as they unpacked and laid out what amounts to a mans collection of a lifetime. Then, I walked out of the store.

Someone once wrote an article about making sure your relatives know "What" you have and the approximate value. If you have several high value items, you really should have a valuation done. It helps prevent an unscrupulous dealer from fleecing relatives and should keep all parties honest. But there are no guarantees in life.

These a hard times and not long ago a gentlemen was selling guns out of the trunk of his car. A relative went into rehab and needed cash NOW. So he went to the local gun club figuring it was the best place to liquidate the assets.

Forewarned is forearmed - IMHO - unless I know them & they already have CC license - I sell through FFL. Let them do the paperwork & background checks.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 08-12-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1459 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

23 Edition of the Standard Catalog of Firearms gives it a value in Exc. condition of $550 plus I agree scope and mounts add at least another $150. $700 is fair and less is better. Good luck.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis