Who has the best prices for .38 Taurus revolvers?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Who has the best prices for .38 Taurus revolvers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Who has the best prices for .38 Taurus revolvers?

I am looking to buy a small .357 or .38-special Taurus revolver and would like some friendly advice on where to go to get one for a good price. I do like the quality and affordability of the Taurus company's revolvers. I have had friends who have told me Cabelas has a good selection but that they are overpriced! I am looking for something along the lines of models such as: M856, M85 Ultra-light, CIA 850 or 650. I am just looking for fair pricing and selection. I live in Phoenix, AZ. If anyone has nay suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #2

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

First off, welcome to the forum. We like to get to know the new members, so please swing by the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself.

Second, I bought my Taurus 85 locally and got a fairly good deal on it. I'd also check Bud's Gun Shop if I was you. It is an online gun store and not a broker site.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Second the Bud's recommendation. You can also try Impact. At least use their pricing to help get a local shop to match price, just be sure to factor in the FFL transfer fees you will incur if ordering online.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JER7177 View Post
I am looking to buy a small .357 or .38-special Taurus revolver and would like some friendly advice on where to go to get one for a good price. I do like the quality and affordability of the Taurus company's revolvers. I have had friends who have told me Cabelas has a good selection but that they are overpriced! I am looking for something along the lines of models such as: M856, M85 Ultra-light, CIA 850 or 650. I am just looking for fair pricing and selection. I live in Phoenix, AZ. If anyone has nay suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
First off, hi and welcome to FTF

I purchased my model 85 Taurus .38 locally at AJI Sporting Goods (which is out of Mesa, Az on the Apache Junction border). I paid roughly around $225 for it and 150 rounds. Great place, good guys, lots of neat stuff for a little shop.

You can also look into Sportsman's Warehouse, Arizona Tactical, Scottsdale Gun Club, and Big 5. You might be able to get a super deal if you shop around online. FFL transfer fees out here are very cheap... only around $20-$40. I suggest checking out Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns at GunBroker.com as well.

Hope that helped

Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Do yourself a favor. . . save up another $85 and get a quality American made revolver.

That is only if you want something you can be proud of.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Do yourself a favor. . . save up another $85 and get a quality American made revolver.

That is only if you want something you can be proud of.
I agree, look into a Ruger Sp101.

Tom

Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 AM   #7

I'm not knocking the Taurus handguns at all. I own a couple myself. But after owning and shooting the Ruger, I think he would enjoy it better in .357 and is sure built tighter than my Taurus .44 Mag.

Tom

Old 04-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have many Rugers, and many a Taurus. While I agree that Ruger is the better gun, there is nothing wrong with a Taurus. I stand behind my old Taurus .357 mag as a primary carry.

It doesn't have to be American made to be a decent, reliable firearm.

Last edited by Jynx; 04-11-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #9

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Until Taurus fixes their QC issues - I will never spend good money on any of their products. Spend 20 minutes on Google and you'll find that a LOT of bad ones get sold to folks - along with some good ones. Never liked to gamble on something like guns as they need to work each and every time.

There are lots of good quality used revolvers out there in the same price range so why take the risk? YMMV

Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Until Taurus fixes their QC issues - I will never spend good money on any of their products. Spend 20 minutes on Google and you'll find that a LOT of bad ones get sold to folks - along with some good ones. Never liked to gamble on something like guns as they need to work each and every time.

There are lots of good quality used revolvers out there in the same price range so why take the risk? YMMV
If I relied on google for everything, I would probably think that the sky was green.