Wheels & Semis - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Wheels & Semis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1222 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 1243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
THIS is a wheel gun.
No that is a impact wrench, this is a wheel gun.
.30-carbine.jpg  

When all else fails.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #12

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Why the argument? Just get a Mateba Model 6 and have both!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #13

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom

No that is a impact wrench, this is a wheel gun.
No, that is a revolver.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #14

Liked 248 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 22

To much. I hunt with revolvers in 357 and 44 and shoot them mainly SA but a few time DA. never had to worry about a fast reload

Home defense or a glock 17 and sigma 40ve, no safety to click off just pull the trigger. My carry guns are kahr 9mm ,love the da type trigger and again no darn safety.

I find I can clean and relube ether a revolver or a semi-auto in basicly the same time frame.

I did carry a taurus 85 in 38sp for 20 years and darn near never used the SA trigger pull allway DA and had a model 94 for cheap practice. Recoil was never an issue with my hunting revolvers and the kt pf-9 is about as hard on the hand as a matching weight 5 shoot revolver to me. Not fun but they do there jobs well.

My wife has shot mainly semi-autos for the 35 years I have known her. She never did like revolvers much.

I grew up around large sheriff dept. when the officers carried revolvers. These guys hunted and were not someone you wanted to get in shotout with. No 38sp on them. 357mags and some 4 4mags. As the years went buy and the old dogs retired the revolvers also went with them and in came new breed of leo that mostly did not hunt and only range time they got was what was requiered. They are not gun guys. Scoreing dropped over the years. My neighbor was a county officer that was one of the highest scoreing shooters and we shoot often together for fun and I found I allways out shot him.This was then a 900 man department. Now over 1300. I don't conceder myself that good also at the range. I am a better hunter with a handgun. Now we hear about officers getting in shootouts and 40, 50, 60 rounds fired in a few miniute just try to get the bad guy. I hope I am never be down range when these shootout happen. Not sure 15 to 18 rounds in some leos gun is always a good thing.