What are your thoughts about taurus? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > What are your thoughts about taurus?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #31
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1269 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 611

I currently have 3 Taurus firearms,a Raging Bull 44 Magnum that I've had for many years.It has never had any problems,and is shot often.
A Tracker 22WMR,it had some cylinder timing problems when fired rapidly,but I had that problem fixed by my local gunsmith.To me it wasn't that big a deal,it was a small issue,and I figured I could get it fixed faster locally than sending it back to Taurus.It was fixed in less than a week,and cost a whopping $25.I would've spent more on shipping it to Taurus.
And I also have a Model 63 22lr semi-auto rifle.It's picky about ammo,but has always been a good rifle,and fun to shoot.
I had a PT-92 9mm pistol that I purchased back in the 1980's,it was the best 9mm semi-auto pistol that I've ever owned.Never a problem with it.
The only Taurus product that gave me headaches was a 45acp 24/7 OSS.It had to have the wrong sights put on it when it was produced.It shot 6" low at 25ft,no matter what ammo you fed it.I sent it back to Taurus 3 times,and everytime they said it was fine/no problems found.I got rid of it,and will never buy another.

But other than the 24/7 OSS,I've been very happy with Taurus products.I will say,their CS sucks,but after all they are out of Miami,Fl.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #32

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

If Taurus has figured out how to keep metal shavings out of the lubricants the gun should shoot just fine.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBlackSheep
Taurus is very hit or miss. As you can see above, some have zero problems and love them and others have nothing but problems and hate them. My dad just had major problems with one. Brand new .22 mag wouldn't rotate the cylinder properly. Sent it back to be fixed...got it back and same exact problem. It was actually wearing the ratchet on the cylinder as well.

To me, it's take your chances. You might get a great one and love it...but you just as easily might not. I'd rather spend a little bit more and increase my odds.
Had the same problem with Taurus Judge 6.5" barrel. Purchased new at BPS on sale. A month 'til I could fire it, but dry fired it with no shells in chamber several times - worked perfectly. However, when live rounds
( Long Colt & 410 ga ) ammo were in place , it would bind on two or three successive cylinders. Also, it shot to the right by about 4-6" at 30'. Assuming they would replace my new gun, I sent it back via BPS. To Taurus for evaluation. Taurus sent my new gun back to me after repairing it.
So , I paid a new price for a repaired gun and ,in addition , waited weeks to enjoy it. Soooo disappointed in you Taurus.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #34

I also have a Taurus Judge in 6 1/2" barrel. For me, it shoots just fine, I can hit the 10" target 48 out of 50 times free hand, never had a "miss" in the range's ammo. Never had to send it out for repairs and the sights are good enough for me

Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 948

I doubt that I will ever own anything made by Taurus. My personal preference.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #36

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
Your loss.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #37

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
Or Your gain. Buy a hi point, comes with the same warranty and cost alot less. I don't own a hi point, but I do own a Taurus which I'm trying to sell so I can buy a more reliable firearm.

Last edited by gladesbassin; 10-03-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #38

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Or Your gain. Buy a hi point, comes with the same warranty and cost alot less. I don't own a hi point, but I do own a Taurus which I'm trying to sell so I can buy a more reliable firearm.
You already found a more reliable handgun, the Hi point.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #39

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

You already found a more reliable handgun, the Hi point.
Yea, but I'll be putting the money I get towards a Glock. I like how they feel, hi points are to heavy for me.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 948

Default Taurus quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
Your loss.
I've refrained from criticizing Taurus but in my mind there's no loss.