What are your thoughts about taurus?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > What are your thoughts about taurus?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What are your thoughts about taurus?

Just wanna know what you guys are thinking about the manufacturer Taurus .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For a revolver go for it, if your talkig semi auto look elsewhere..just my opinion because I had a bad experience with a semi auto

Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8141 Times on 4700 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Taurus is one manufacturer I won't buy. I have never owned one but never heard anything good about their guns or their customer service. As to their revolvers being OK I recall a thread here back awhile about Taurus revolvers blowing up with factory ammunition. I'll see if I can search it up.

(Edit) OK, it wasn't on FTF, it was here http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=50400

Last edited by Vikingdad; 09-18-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #4

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts

I have no complaints about my Taurus revolver.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I picked up the taurus Judge SS 3" chamber about a year ago. It was a great gun, looked sweet and shot very good. I sold it later because in my area that guns hard to find in the SS version. So I made some money on it LOL but I would buy another one if they were hard to find again just to use and sell for a profit. Overall great gun only the revolver not semi.

S&W M&P Sport
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE Grip
B.A.D lever
Bi Pod
Ladder rails
Quad rails
Single point sling/ Adaptor
Red Dot, light & Laser
Fore Grip

Old 09-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Taurus is very hit or miss. As you can see above, some have zero problems and love them and others have nothing but problems and hate them. My dad just had major problems with one. Brand new .22 mag wouldn't rotate the cylinder properly. Sent it back to be fixed...got it back and same exact problem. It was actually wearing the ratchet on the cylinder as well.

To me, it's take your chances. You might get a great one and love it...but you just as easily might not. I'd rather spend a little bit more and increase my odds.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #7

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Personally I would never buy a Taurus or a Charter Arms but I've heard some pretty good stuff,but then again I've heard some bad stuff.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I agree with Glades. I have a Taurus Tracker 357 mag and it is a great revolver but I have never heard anything good about there autos

Old 09-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #9

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin
For a revolver go for it, if your talkig semi auto look elsewhere..just my opinion because I had a bad experience with a semi auto
My first auto was a Taurus .380, first time I took it to the range and pulled the trigger CLICK, ftf. This happened about 3-5 times out of a 100. Needless to say didn't have that very long. Last Taurus ill ever own.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock

My first auto was a Taurus .380, first time I took it to the range and pulled the trigger CLICK, ftf. This happened about 3-5 times out of a 100. Needless to say didn't have that very long. Last Taurus ill ever own.
My first firearm was a pt140 pro... First time pulling the trigger it went bang next thing I know mag hit my foot. It fell out of the gun, put it back in thinking I hit the mag release on accident..boom then smack mag hit my foot again..needless to say in a self defense situation I better hope I hit with the first shot with that firearm. Luckally I got me a trusty firearm couple firearms now so I can carry without fearing I only have one shot lol. Oh and my Taurus is actually getting repaired as we speak at Taurus..lifetime warranty for a reason.