What is wrong with this pic? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > What is wrong with this pic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk
Look at the front sight compared to the rear, and the trigger guard. They all should be straight as day. But it dont look that way to me. If im missing something else please let me know.
Yep 100% correct

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Old 03-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
What's the big deal? Just clamp it in a vise & grab a pipe wrench. It'll be fine.
You actually could basically do this. Several years ago I picked up a Taurus 431 .44 Special that had the barrel turned a little out of alignment. Rather than sending it back, and after determining that it shot well, I clamped the barrel in a very well padded vise and used a hammer handle through the cylinder opening in the frame to turn it into alignment with the barrel. After doing this to my gun, it shot to the point of aim.

This is actually how gunsmiths adjust windage on revolvers with fixed sights.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddy View Post
You actually could basically do this. Several years ago I picked up a Taurus 431 .44 Special that had the barrel turned a little out of alignment. Rather than sending it back, and after determining that it shot well, I clamped the barrel in a very well padded vise and used a hammer handle through the cylinder opening in the frame to turn it into alignment with the barrel. After doing this to my gun, it shot to the point of aim.

This is actually how gunsmiths adjust windage on revolvers with fixed sights.
I debated on that, I could not do it, I did not want to mess it up more then it was already. I did not want to mess up the gap between the barrel and cylinder or mark up the barrel. If I mess it up more I am not sure if Taurus would honor the warranty. This is my 1st revolver and I do not know a heck of a lot about them yet. It is not like my Glock, I know in side and out easy to work on.

The Taurus was sent out Friday and the same day I bought a Ruger Mark 3 22/45. I will tell you what this gun is nothing short of GREAT, 300 rounds today with 1 miss feed, I can just about take out the center of the target at 7 yards rapid fire. I still can not wait to get my Taurus back because I do like the feel of the revolver as long as I can hit the target lol.

22LR are sure fun to shoot and cheap to shoot too.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5743 Times on 3000 Posts
Likes Given: 380

screwing it in may not be a big deal but turning it in the other direction as in unscrewing a barrel to align is a no-go. it can easily lead to a kaboom.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #25

I've heard of these things happening in almost all gun cos. the rest just catch it defect before it leaves. I have a Taurus PT92-af and I'll gaurantee that the slide wont come off it like those POS Barettas did when the US military decided it would be better to give our troops an inferior pistol chambering an inferior round so we could be like the bozos in Nato.

There is more than one spec-ops guy with a scar on his face from flying slides off a Beretta.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well here is an update, sent it out to Taurus 3 weeks ago and FedEx delivered it today... Not sure if you can tell from the photo but it is better but still not centered to say the lest I am pretty pissed now. I do not even want to bother calling them and sending it out again. This should not have happened to a nib pistol.... I am going to take it to a real gunsmith when I come back from fl next week, then try to sell it at a huge loss. Sorry for rambling on just need to vent and to Taurus fans I am sure Taurus makes a few fine guns mine just was not one of them and I will not take a chance with them again, I work to hard for my money. If I can sell this for 150 - 200 I will put the money on a kahr cm9 for summer cc.
I really wish it was fixed right cuz I really like how this gun looks and feels.... Sucks!

forumrunner_20120416_182554.jpg   forumrunner_20120416_182625.jpg  

Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #27

Liked 1860 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 1232

Stuff like this is why I will not even consider another Taurus.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #28
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2017 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

I sent a Taurus 92 back 3 times and dumped it because they did not fix it.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.