What revolver is this; manufacturer & history? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > What revolver is this; manufacturer & history?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 768 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Durangokid, I respectively disagree. You can make as many guns as you want for yourself as long as they are not full-autos other guns of that class. At least on the federal level, local or state laws could be different.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #12

Default 3 shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Cannot see the detail on that one (need more pixels, in focus) There have been single shot "revolvers"- The Savage Model 101 looked a bit like that one. Are there any marlings on the gun?

Attachment 44126
No markings on the gun at all.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Durango, Hiwall is correct on this. i have researched it several times myself. at this time it is legal to manufacture your own firearm as long as it's a legal to own firearm. no fully auto, no SBR or SBS, or any other illegal to own firearms. a serial number isn't required but is recommended. another point is that they cannot be made for to sell, private ownership only.

in other words, if you wanted to make your own bolt action rifle and had the materials and equipment to do so, it's completely legal. all it has to be is legal, same as what you would be able to buy any day in a gun store.

there are several makers of frames that are called 80% frames for different rifles and pistols, the AR and the 1911's come to mind quickly on this, and they can be bought without going through an FFL, because even BATF doesn't consider them to be firearms. if you have the knowledge and the equipment, you can do the finish machine work and turm them into a working firearm. they have no serial numbers and you can put any serial number you want to on them. but just like a handmade firearms, they cannot be sold and are for private ownership only.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #14

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by glljansen View Post
A chambre for only 3 bullits; the wooden grip is new and not original.
That reminds me of the old Ruger Hawkeye .256 mag single shot, only the Hawkeye had a breach block that released to the left and the round was chambered in the barrel. Who knows what you have as over the years there was a number of limited manufacture "strange" firearms. I happen to see a few in a Bremerton, Washington gun shop when I was about 16. One pistol was a Jetfire that shot rocket cartridges and the other fired plastic three sided, (rounded sides) cartridges. Neither lasted all that long, the Hawkeye lasted the longest but just didn't have a niche to fill in the market that the Thompson Contender couldn't take care of, anyway I suspect that the Hawkeye is now just a collectors item. I doubt that ammo is even available so if anyone did any shooting it would have to be case reformed .357 Mag cases. Let us know if you find out what it is. Is it chambered for .22 WMR?

Last edited by Viking; 04-21-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9734 Times on 4185 Posts
Likes Given: 1530

Viking- that was a Gyrojet rocket pistol

gyrojet.jpg
and a Dardick Automatic Revolver
dardick.jpg

Yes, there is some WEIRD stuff out there

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thx guys I misunderstood that part of the law. But how can someone sell this firearm? This OP bought this firearm. I continue to believe that this is an illegal firearm.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #17

Default 3 shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
That reminds me of the old Ruger Hawkeye .256 mag single shot, only the Hawkeye had a breach block that released to the left and the round was chambered in the barrel. Who knows what you have as over the years there was a number of limited manufacture "strange" firearms. I happen to see a few in a Bremerton, Washington gun shop when I was about 16. One pistol was a Jetfire that shot rocket cartridges and the other fired plastic three sided, (rounded sides) cartridges. Neither lasted all that long, the Hawkeye lasted the longest but just didn't have a niche to fill in the market that the Thompson Contender couldn't take care of, anyway I suspect that the Hawkeye is now just a collectors item. I doubt that ammo is even available so if anyone did any shooting it would have to be case reformed .357 Mag cases. Let us know if you find out what it is. Is it chambered for .22 WMR?
My friend has been using it on the stand; I will ask him what amo.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #18

Liked 109 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 219

durangokid, yeah i dont know what to make of it as they are not supposed to be sold. Honestly, if i were the op, i would seek a good lawyer knowledgable in firearms laws.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #19

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Viking- that was a Gyrojet rocket pistol

Attachment 44145
and a Dardick Automatic Revolver
Attachment 44146

Yes, there is some WEIRD stuff out there
That's right, I just couldn't remember the Gyrojet name and I knew jet was in the name but I can picture in my mind what the cartridge looked like.

Last edited by Viking; 04-21-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Thx guys I misunderstood that part of the law. But how can someone sell this firearm? This OP bought this firearm. I continue to believe that this is an illegal firearm.
from what i gather from what i read about the law, you can't sell it, but you can gift it to someone. now whether it belonged to the seller or was given to hem and then he sold it, is where it could be a grey area. i don't know what law would apply here.