what revolver do you use when you carry? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

what revolver do you use when you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

I carry a SW 637 on most days. Just easy I guess. If I am gonna carry openly I usually saddle up with my Px4. I really love that gun. And when I am out with the creatures of the night, nothing makes me feel warmer than my Alaskan packed full, hot and nasty with Dick's finest....

Old 09-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #42

Liked 65 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 59

S&W Bodyguard .38spl in a pocket holster.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #43

my body guard 38 s/w

Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

S&W Model 60, most of the time.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #45

Default S & w 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude90 View Post
ive narrowed down to a few what gun id like to buy so i can use it to carry and have some fun with.
its between
-38 revolver
-beretta m9
I'm going to answer on the asumption that you are looking for a concealed-carry weapon in lieu of a "tackle-box/woods-gun":

I like the 638 because it can go in the pocket or iwb. I do practice with it every trip to the range, but it is not what I would call a "fun" gun. Rarely have I found a gun small enough for pocket carry to be a pleasurable gun to shoot several hundred rounds at the range with. A .22 revolver would be a better candidate for that role, as it would still allow you to practice the same mechanics of firing the revolver.

I love to shoot semi's also ( I own several Glocks and 1911's). I can pocket carry my G26, but it is a pocketful. I worry too much about the myriad "little things" that can go wrong with a semi at the worst possible moment. Realizing that revolvers themselves are not infallable, I came to a conclusion based on my own personal experience that my revolver goes bang when it should and made my choice to accept what I consider to be the minimized risks of malfunction with a revolver.

I use Speer 135gr +P for carry purposes, and while I lack capacity, I don't feel undergunned.

The most important thing is to find a pistol or revolver that you are most comfortable with. Then, and I can't emphasize this enough - practice, practice, practice. The smaller platforms are more difficult to master and require more range time.

Hope this has been some help. Didn't mean to praddle on so.

"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs." - Murphy

Old 09-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #46

not at all i appreciate anyones input! im gonna go to the local gun shop soon and try out some different guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelgun_man View Post
I'm going to answer on the asumption that you are looking for a concealed-carry weapon in lieu of a "tackle-box/woods-gun":

I like the 638 because it can go in the pocket or iwb. I do practice with it every trip to the range, but it is not what I would call a "fun" gun. Rarely have I found a gun small enough for pocket carry to be a pleasurable gun to shoot several hundred rounds at the range with. A .22 revolver would be a better candidate for that role, as it would still allow you to practice the same mechanics of firing the revolver.

I love to shoot semi's also ( I own several Glocks and 1911's). I can pocket carry my G26, but it is a pocketful. I worry too much about the myriad "little things" that can go wrong with a semi at the worst possible moment. Realizing that revolvers themselves are not infallable, I came to a conclusion based on my own personal experience that my revolver goes bang when it should and made my choice to accept what I consider to be the minimized risks of malfunction with a revolver.

I use Speer 135gr +P for carry purposes, and while I lack capacity, I don't feel undergunned.

The most important thing is to find a pistol or revolver that you are most comfortable with. Then, and I can't emphasize this enough - practice, practice, practice. The smaller platforms are more difficult to master and require more range time.

Hope this has been some help. Didn't mean to praddle on so.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #47

Look at multiple guns and not price tags. If you like what you feel, look at the tag. If you don't like the price, then you know what you should be looking for. It's just a way to keep your wallet from telling what you will like...

Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #48

I meant pick up not just look

Old 09-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #49

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I carry either my Ruger LCR .357 mag, or my S&W M60 3 inch .357 mag.
img_3936.jpg   2.jpg  

Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #50

that is a great idea. ill probably go to the shop and browse around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
Look at multiple guns and not price tags. If you like what you feel, look at the tag. If you don't like the price, then you know what you should be looking for. It's just a way to keep your wallet from telling what you will like...