Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Want a SA revolver! Cowboy style.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

please use classifieds for buy sell trade

http://www.firearmstalk.com/classifieds/

thanks,

JonM

Last edited by JonM; 03-13-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #62
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5124 Times on 2668 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
I beg to differ with you there. The No.3 was first produced in .44 Rimfire, probably .44 Henry. When submitted to the Army (Around 1866 or so) the US Army rejected it, wanting a centerfire cartridge revolver. According to Roy Jinks, the gun was simply converted to center fire without changing chamber dimensions. This implies that the .44 Henry was the direct ancestor of the .44 S&W American cartridge. Not until 1872 did the .44 Russian cartridge appear.

Most credit the Russians with introducing the inside lubricated bullet, but Russian ammunition made into the 1890s was still outside lubricated. It appears UMC introduced the inside lubrication design.

Bob Wright
the russians have never been big on firearms design. almost all their original creations are simply stolen designs then adapted for their own use.

they pretty much always contracted out purchasing other designs or simply stealing them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #63

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

the russians have never been big on firearms design. almost all their original creations are simply stolen designs then adapted for their own use.

they pretty much always contracted out purchasing other designs or simply stealing them.
There is one exemption pretty big exception to the rule, but I think we all know what that is . Good point man.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #64

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

The Russians had some pretty good designers of firearms and other things, but they were always under orders to copy US designs.Their first atom bomb was a copy of ours right down to some misplaced holes erroneusly drilled in our dropcase. I suspect Tokarev could have done a good job on his own, but was ordered to make a 1911 without the fancy stuff like safeties.

In many ways the S&W Mod 3 was a better gun (especially the Schofield version) than Colts Peacemaker, but old Sam was the far better salesman......doc

Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #65

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Oh yes, and Comrad Kalishnikov wasn't supposed to be a designer and had no orders. He just saw a need and designed the gun.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #66

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have a ruger NV in 357 mag. I'll let you know how it shoots after I get it back from Ruger. I like my 3 screw blackhawk. 1 is a 45LC, 41 mag, 357 mag. Not converted. I shoot the 6 inch 41 ALOT. It's a hog hunter! I'm the Blackhawk Kid in Ark & Texas. My friend has a blackhawk customized to a 475 Linebaugh, and it has stopped a grizzly bear!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #67
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
There is one exemption pretty big exception to the rule, but I think we all know what that is . Good point man.
that one was blatantly stolen from the germans heh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #68

Liked 476 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
that one was blatantly stolen from the germans heh
True!!! The MP40(Schmeisser) was the AK daddy. When it came to guns the Germans were near impossible to beat.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #69

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Well, Micky Kalashnikov has said that he wasn't influenced by the "fascist reich" and that the AK was his own brainchild. That should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. After all, there are no guns that are truly " original". The ideas are always shared.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #70
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
Well, Micky Kalashnikov has said that he wasn't influenced by the "fascist reich" and that the AK was his own brainchild. That should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. After all, there are no guns that are truly " original". The ideas are always shared.
stalin would have a kgb goon drag him out back of the kremlin and hammered a 7.62mm empty tokarev casing in the back of his skull if he said anything different.