Want the 3 3/4 BL 44 SprBlackhawk but
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Want the 3 3/4 BL 44 SprBlackhawk but

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Default Want the 3 3/4 BL 44 SprBlackhawk but

I want the Talo Super BlackHawk 3 3/4 barrel but I know the 4 5/8 will use 44Mag round more effeciently with a diff of less than 100fps etc...would buy both but dog house is not to comfortable. (not a hunter..for SD in woods only, hopefully not Grizz woods) and am already waiting on DW CCO from Severns. Help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It sounds like the real question you have is. What's the difference in recoil ?
Obviously the shorter barrel will be slightly easier to conceal and I personally wouldn't worry about 100 fps. Accuracy probably won't be very different between the two either.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #3

Recoil not a problem maybe accuracy and which would be the more wise purchase..I have a 3" S&W696 and a 4" 651 and just seem to like the 4" and less barrels...had 2 Redhawk 8" which I didn't care for but the 5/8" is not going to be a deal breaker....guess I better get the 3 3/4 while I can>
Thanks but been know to think out these things to long and lose out on the gun that I want.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #4

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

The 4 5/8" barrel Ruger Single Actions are the shortest barrel length practical for positive ejection of fired cartridges, and even these in heavy .44 and .45 loadings tend to require plucking the case the rest of the way out with the fingers. Shorter lengths will present the fired case to your fingers, but you'll still have to pluck them out. For a round or two this is O.K. but if you shoot several hundred rounds at a range session, it gets tedious.

(I'm not implying longer barrels are any easier, the ejector doesn't get any longer, unless you get one of those silhouette models with the long ejector.)

Bob Wright

Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #5

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
The 4 5/8" barrel Ruger Single Actions are the shortest barrel length practical for positive ejection of fired cartridges, and even these in heavy .44 and .45 loadings tend to require plucking the case the rest of the way out with the fingers. Shorter lengths will present the fired case to your fingers, but you'll still have to pluck them out. For a round or two this is O.K. but if you shoot several hundred rounds at a range session, it gets tedious.

(I'm not implying longer barrels are any easier, the ejector doesn't get any longer, unless you get one of those silhouette models with the long ejector.)

Bob Wright
Gud point-
Had a little Uberti (colt SA clone) Sheriffs model with i think 3" mabe 3 1/2" with no ejector - that didn't last long

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #6

With all due respect this gun prob won't be a range gun so prob wont be a problem unless I cant put down the critter in the first 6 shots in which case the 7/8's extra barrel prob would not do me anygood....just a thught

Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno148 View Post
With all due respect this gun prob won't be a range gun so prob wont be a problem unless I cant put down the critter in the first 6 shots in which case the 7/8's extra barrel prob would not do me anygood....just a thught
Well i guess there is no problem then you seem to pretty much have your ducks in a row & have picked out the right gun for you hope you get the one you want and have good luck with it.....

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Well i guess there is no problem then you seem to pretty much have your ducks in a row & have picked out the right gun for you hope you get the one you want and have good luck with it.....
4.6 or 3.7 prob depends on which day it is.....lol
Spent quite a few vacations between Nacadoches and Garrison in my youth. pretty country!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno148

4.6 or 3.7 prob depends on which day it is.....lol
Spent quite a few vacations between Nacadoches and Garrison in my youth. pretty country!
You bet - Not far from me.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

wayno148 Likes This 
Old 07-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #10

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno148 View Post
I always figured I'd want to reload before going home.

Bob Wright