URGENT HELP: Model 36 caliber - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > URGENT HELP: Model 36 caliber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The level of disassembly you guys are talking about is beyond my expertise. I would love to take some classes about disassembling firearms beyond a basic field strip, but I'm not sure where to start or if I could afford them.

The ejector rod did not seem loose to me, but it was so gunked up it would get stuck on the way down. The area under the ejector star was an absolute nightmare. The cylinder wasn't stuck closed, when I tried to squeeze the trigger it was stuck. I rotated the cylinder one chamber by hand, the next squeeze went off without a hitch. Nice, smooth pull believe it or not. I haven't touched base with my buddy since I told him he would be ok using +p for self defense (and yet something tells me he hasn't taken my advice on getting his piece to a smith). I'm sure we will hang out this weekend, so I should have an update in a couple days.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I was finally able to go to the range with my friend yesterday. I cleaned the hell out of the snubbie. I think it was just dirtier than any other handgun I've seen. The ejector rod stopped sticking and the cyinder turned no problem after I was finished with it. At the range, we put a couple hundred standard pressure 125 gr FMJs through it. It performed well; zero misfires and accurate as any other snubbie I've shot at about 20'. I told him he should still have it examined by a smith just to be on the safe side.