Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Uberti sixgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
PRM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Everything is a trade off. I have my glasses custom made and I have sat in the office looking down the sights of my gun until the prescription was adjusted so I could focus the sights. It works. The trade off is a little clarity in reading. I am just about at the point that I will be going to a pair or glasses for my long guns and a second pair for reading.

As far as the Uberti(s), I have had good luck with them. I have had to tweak them a little out of the box. Not familiar with the one your looking at. Sounds like a lot of the tweaking is already done. I would put the Wolff wire type trigger bolt spring in any SAA/or Clone, pretty much permanently solves the breakage issue with that part.

Last edited by PRM; 11-10-2013 at 12:52 PM.
HM2Grunt Likes This 
Old 11-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Uberti makes the Smokewagon for importer Taylor's & Co. and the Evil Roy edition for importer Cimarron Firearms as "race ready" revolvers for cowboy action. The El Patron is the same idea and is a pretty nice gun. What I particularly like about these guns is the wide sights that are more visible than the ones on the early Colts.

Buy two and come shoot cowboy action!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 180 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 276

I looked up .45 Long Colt ammo today and was surprised to see how much it is, almost 90cents a round. This will be the first time I have used .45LC, so I did not know what it cost to feed one. Don't buy factory ammo much Looks like I will have to tool up right off, and reload. Components seem high too.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

dwmiller Likes This 
Old 11-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
I looked up .45 Long Colt ammo today and was surprised to see how much it is, almost 90cents a round. This will be the first time I have used .45LC, so I did not know what it cost to feed one. Don't buy factory ammo much Looks like I will have to tool up right off, and reload. Components seem high too.
Get into casting you own lead bullets, and try to make the brass last longer. That will bring down the costs quite a bit.

If you don't want to get into casting right now, may I suggest these?

http://www.missouribullet.com/results.php?category=5&secondary=14

Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Texas woodworker- Thanks for the scoop. Those prices are better. I do cast my bullets for black powder shooting. It would be a matter of securing another mold, and then some way to lube-size. I don't have that capability yet. So after getting some Star-bar brass, and the dies, I should be good to go until I am ready to cast. I have a pot, a ladle, and a bunch of lead and antimony.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Texas woodworker- Thanks for the scoop. Those prices are better. I do cast my bullets for black powder shooting. It would be a matter of securing another mold, and then some way to lube-size. I don't have that capability yet. So after getting some Star-bar brass, and the dies, I should be good to go until I am ready to cast. I have a pot, a ladle, and a bunch of lead and antimony.
No problem. I'm going to order some of their bullets for my .357 Mag and 45 ACP pretty soon too.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #17

Liked 132 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Take a look at lee, their bullet molds are hard to beat. They also have a cheap sizing/gas check seater. Works in your press and sizes from the flat base. No nose dies for different molds. I use this for my cast bullets in reduced 44mag cases.

http://leeprecision.com/6-cavity-452-255-rf.html

Should be about the right bullet, 6 cavity for $53, remember to get a set of handles!

http://leeprecision.com/new-lube-size-kit-.452.html
and the sizing kit for $25

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well guys, I didn't end up with the six gun. The night I went down to get it, was the night they had something else in the racks that I always wanted. It just so happened I had the money on me. Like a boy and a new toy, I had to have it. So now I have a British FAL Parts gun put together by DS Arms, on their receiver. I wasn't going to buy another long gun because I can't see the sights anymore, but this has a peep sight, that I can still use. I initially had some function problems after being told by the shop I could shoot .308 WIN in it. Turns out that, maybe you can, but in this gun, you can't. After securing some bonafide NATO-spec 7,62mm ammo, the FAL works perfectly,(and the NATO stuff was cheaper) Thanks for the response and advice. Will keep it in mind when I have enough money to go back for a six gun

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,

towboater Likes This