Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Uberti and Cimmaron revolvers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default Uberti and Cimmaron revolvers.

I'm thinking about either a Uberti or Cimarron single action. I was just wondering if these guns had the hammer block safeties or not. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I don't think either do but I am not sure.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #3

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Not unless they changed in the last few yrs.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #4

Liked 239 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Cimarrons are Ubertis, for the most part. The Cimarron Model P is a Uberti made gun.

As to the hammer block, some older Ubertis did have them, at least those imported by Iver Johnson some years back.

The Uberti hammer block worked only when the hammer was placed in the safety notch, not active as in the Ruger transfer bar safety.

I think most current Uberti made guns have the "Swiss-Safe" type safety block, which uses the cylinder base pin as a safety.

My take on the single action is keep an empty chamber under the hammer, regardless of make.

Bob Wright

Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #5

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright
Cimarrons are Ubertis, for the most part. The Cimarron Model P is a Uberti made gun.

As to the hammer block, some older Ubertis did have them, at least those imported by Iver Johnson some years back.

The Uberti hammer block worked only when the hammer was placed in the safety notch, not active as in the Ruger transfer bar safety.

I think most current Uberti made guns have the "Swiss-Safe" type safety block, which uses the cylinder base pin as a safety.

My take on the single action is keep an empty chamber under the hammer, regardless of make.

Bob Wright
Yeah, the model p might be "Smokey Edward's" new cowboy action gun, so it doesn't matter anyways, but I was just wondering.