Uberti Cattleman Set
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Uberti Cattleman Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Uberti Cattleman Set

I have the opportunity to pick up a matched set of Uberti Cattleman revolvers in .45LC with 5.5" barrels, unfired in the boxes for $800.00. They are "matched" with identical serial numbers, save an "L" on one and a "R" on the other. I have toyed with the idea of trying out Cowboy Action Shooting, but as of yet haven't given it a try.

I know Uberti is now owned by Beretta and I am a fan of Beretta firearms (among others), but I know next to nothing about the Ubertis, other than they are near identical clones to the SAA, down to being safe with only five rounds with the hammer on an empty chamber.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I noticed threads about Uberti after I posted. It appears the consensus is they are good revolvers, so I am left with the question, should I pull the trigger (pun intended) on the purchase? I am still happy to have insights on them.

Last edited by DocWard; 05-13-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I have a uberti cattleman in .45 LC its a great pistol, my only problom is that it came from the factory missing a screw underneath the trigger guard. other thatn that its a fine single action and pertty accurate.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #3

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Had one and still have a Cimarron by Uberti both in 44-40. The CCH may leave a little to be desired on the Cattleman but they're excellent guns.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2873 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Had a customer order a couple, he seems satisfied.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWard View Post
I have the opportunity to pick up a matched set of Uberti Cattleman revolvers in .45LC with 5.5" barrels, unfired in the boxes for $800.00. They are "matched" with identical serial numbers, save an "L" on one and a "R" on the other. I have toyed with the idea of trying out Cowboy Action Shooting, but as of yet haven't given it a try.

I know Uberti is now owned by Beretta and I am a fan of Beretta firearms (among others), but I know next to nothing about the Ubertis, other than they are near identical clones to the SAA, down to being safe with only five rounds with the hammer on an empty chamber.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I noticed threads about Uberti after I posted. It appears the consensus is they are good revolvers, so I am left with the question, should I pull the trigger (pun intended) on the purchase? I am still happy to have insights on them.

Run away as fast as you can............ but send me the name and address of who has them so I can keep them away from the public.. after all I'm supose to protect the innocent right.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Run away as fast as you can............ but send me the name and address of who has them so I can keep them away from the public.. after all I'm supose to protect the innocent right.
Too late, about two hours ago I did my civic duty and got them and put them in my gun safe, safely away from the public. After spending some time gawking at them and handling them, that is. Man, I almost hate to shoot them. They are that nice to look at and hold. Very low serial numbers, too.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was thinking and wondering if anyone makes a presentation case for SAA type revolvers. Any ideas? I don't have woodworking skills or I would try myself. I once built a birdhouse that was protested by PITA an condemned by HUD.

Also, I am going to have to get some gunleather eventually. I have seen a number of companies that seem to put out a quality product, but any suggestions on where to start the search, how to decide what will work for me?