Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Uberti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Uberti

I have just gotten a uberti .357 mag single action army replica was just wondering if anybody has owned one and what you thought about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #2

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Owned a half dozen -
Excelleant Colt clones IMO

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Ok thanks for the info I got it on a trade and I didnt really have time to check it out but I thought it would be a good gun for the woods.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #4

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Shud be- like anything there are varing "degrees" of Uberti modles but never had a real problem with any i had- Be sure to check the POA vs POI on it- They aren't really target pistolas

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #5

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I have a question about those. Are they safe to carry with the hammer down on a round? The SA Rugers have the Transfer Safety Bar and I know these Uberti's don't. Beautiful guns though!!

Old 11-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog
I have a question about those. Are they safe to carry with the hammer down on a round? The SA Rugers have the Transfer Safety Bar and I know these Uberti's don't. Beautiful guns though!!
I asked a guy at the gun counter that while I was looking at one, as he went into detail about how awesome they are, and how much he loved the two he owned and knew so much about.

His reply was oh I don't know.....

I would like to know the answer.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I was curious after u asked about safe carrying so i got it out looking at the manual it says and I quote " the old- tymers used to say that the safest way to carry a single-action revolver was to load only five chambers and let the hammer rest, in the safety position, on the empty sixth chamber. That's good advice even today. It still takes proper care in handling and use by you, it's owner."

Old 11-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #8

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Yeah Bill, the Ruger SAs with the transfer bar allow you to safely carry all 6 chambers loaded. The Ubertis are more like their original counterparts; like the the old Colts. I'd love to get one someday.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #9

Liked 220 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Depending on the Uberti you have. Best advice, carry an empty chamber under the hammer, I even do that with my New Model Rugers.

Some Ubertis have a hammer block safety tht is activated when the hammer is placed in the safety position, the first click. This activates a hammer block, look at you hammer just under the firing pin. If there is a separate piece visible, that the hammer block.

If it is not visible, then check your base pin (cylinder pin) for two grooves. This allows the hammer to be placed at the half cock, or loading notch, then depress the base pin latch and push the base pin in to block the hammer. Make sure the latch engages the second notch. Not a very practical safety, originated with the Hammerli Virginians as the "Swiss Safe" safety.

To keep the cylinder from rotating while in the half cock position, pull the hammer to full cock, then lower it to the half cock. This will engage the cylinder bolt.

Again, best practice is to keep an empty chamber under the hammer.

Bob Wright

Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #10

Liked 220 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 20

And, Ahem! Since you ask, here's mine:

They are a .22 L.R., a .44 Special, and a .45 Colt Flat Top. The .22 and the .44 have the "Swiss Safe" system, the .45 has the Uberti hammer Block.

Bob Wright