trying to find some info on my dan wesson

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > trying to find some info on my dan wesson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default trying to find some info on my dan wesson

hey guys (and ladies)

I have a rather nice dan wesson in 357 mag with a 4" barrel on it. Only problem was that I grabbed it used (not really problem at all seeing as it was only 150 bucks or so). It functions well and I don't really have any complaints other than I really dont know all that much about the gun. I got it mainly as a truck gun and looked around a bit on dan wesson revolvers before I picked it up and the reviews I saw along with the fact its pretty difficult to screw up a revolver I went ahead and bought it. Heres the kicker though I dont have any papers on it and im trying to find out some information about it mainly model and other stuff on it so I can try and assemble some tools and maybe barrels to play around with it. If anyone knows anything about em or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
bob

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I've owned a number of them and they are great revolvers. The DWs built in Monson, MA are the best of the bunch. Quality and strength wise, they rank right up there with S&W, Colt, and Ruger.

DW didn't really use model numbers like the other manufacturers - they did make some with numbers though. CZ-USA owns DW and still supports the revolvers and extra barrels, shrouds, and other parts are available...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
bob

Thanks for the info NGIB. Its good to know especially since mine is one of the Monson revolvers. I was also wondering I've seen some stuff around when looking for them with people calling them by number and letter designations such as 14V and 15 i think are some that I've seen. also thanks for the direct to the cz website. once again any information is appreciated

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss.

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy.

Robert A. Heinlein

Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Fixed sight are model 14, adjustable sights are model 15. The V refers to the barrel shroud profile: vented (V), heavy vent/full underlug (HV), etc. A 15-1 will have an exposed muzzle nut; the 15-2 has a recessed muzzle nut.