trigger does not return every 5th shot

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > trigger does not return every 5th shot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default trigger does not return every 5th shot

32 charter arms undercoverette,. revover only 80 rounds on it.can pop back with finger,feels like a newly sharpened scizzor n just catching an edge. the spot is before hammer release when cocked back,pulling trigger feel nothing,supposebly trigger spring, but why 5th shot, i think its either the dohicky that rotates the tumbler or the do hickey from underneath, dont feel like shipping all the way to factory, im handy is it dissasembleable thx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9137 Times on 3946 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

If it is always every 5th shot, then is likely the star (rachet on the rear of cylinder- or the cylinder lock/notches. This affects the timing of a revolver (having cartridge lined up with barrel) Other than seeing parts are lubed, I would not fool with it- takes some skill to do this right, AND you can wave bu-bye to any warranty. Contact Charter.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:32 AM   #3

my first suspicion as well would be the ratchets on the extractor star....
I strongly suspect one of them is not cut right, leading to the issue you describe....
send it back to Charter

Tags
revolver sticking trigger