Thoughts on a S&W 637

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Thoughts on a S&W 637

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thoughts on a S&W 637

Hey everyone. Still kind of new to the forum here. Haven't been on in a while. My question is what does everyone think of the S&W 637? I saw it for the first time on the tv show GunSmoke. This is the one they did the Wyatt deep cover package on. After seeing it I did some research and also looked up a bunch of reviews. So far I have not found any real bad reviews. Is this gun that perfect? Too good to be true? With this gun it would basically be used as home defense. More for my girlfriend to be able to use. But mostly a night stand gun. I have not shot one yet. Going to see if I can get my hands on one at my local range. Let me know your thoughts and experience with this model. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

As much as I love Smith and Wesson, no gun is perfect.
Smith and Wesson, and Ruger revolvers are about as close to perfect as you can get. Let's not also forget Colt and Dan Wesson too.

Any of these four are great investments, with my personal favorite being S&W. Each maker has their following, and for good reasons.

Ruger: many consider to be the toughest
Dan Wesson: excellent quality, plus versatility with their interchangeable barrels.
Colt and S&W: Timeless classics, beautiful styling, durability, accuracy, all around great guns. Absolute love for them.