TAURUS Yes or No - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

TAURUS Yes or No

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm actually looking for a Taurus in a pawn show where the shop owner doesn't know what he has and it's broke, send it in and cachow, I just got a rebuilt gun for nothing. Point being I'm interested in Taurus for the true lifetime warranty.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #12

I've only owned one Taurus and I would never own another one.Maybe I was just lucky getting a bad one.First time out after a couple rounds fired I noticed the cylinder on three chambers wouldn't lock up.It was a 38 snubbie ultra light which I can't remember what model it was without looking it up.This was a brand spanking new gun.It was send back to Taurus,when it was returned I let the dealer keep it and bought the wife a Smith M-637 instead.There wasn't much difference in price between the two of them.Smith happened to be running a sale on these 637's. I've read on several different forums about Taurus problems and their terrible customer service.I'd much rather find even a USED Smith or Ruger before buying a new Taurus.Of course this is just my opinion.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
DKA

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Have a S&W 65-2 and a Taurus Model 66, both in 357, have had no problems with either. and to this point would not turn around for the difference between the two. I just bought the Taurus couple of months ago, because of the lifetime warranty.

NC Hunter Safety Instructor
NC Conceal Carry Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Old 06-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #14

i've read about too many problems with taurus to even consider one. i do know a taurus owner who inherited his and he seems to like it. but then he doesn't have many guns....

movie zombie

Old 07-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #15

Default go to

well go to the taurus armed forum and just read you can make a decision from that i have a pt 140 millenium pro it looks good but i had peoblems from day one also the mag kept falling out the 24/7 is another that has gotten bad reviews so do some research be for you buy a taurus semi now the revlovers are great i have had no problem with them

Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #16

I made a personal decision not to purchase Taurus products as I have not had positive experiences with them.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #17

On occasion I've worked in a gun shop and sold guns, 'just for the fun of it'. Most of the guys I worked with could spot a Taurus customer coming through the front door by either how he was dressed, his age, his opening remarks, or any combination thereof. (Really!)

On our side of the counter we quietly despised the things; but, 'business as usual' always came first. Contrary to popular internet stories, in a well run gunshop you won't hear anything about a salesman dissuading a customer from one gun to another. Customers are far more likely to walk out of the store with whatever they came in looking for in the first place. (Selling guns ain't like selling annuity life insurance!)

I've got a Ruger SP-101, too. It's not a good little gun; it's a great one, and nearly indestructible! I thought to mention to you that I frequently see SP-101's advertised for sale on the internet; and, the asking prices are usually around half of new retail. (There was one on Glock Talk last week.) If you're used to the Ruger you might want to checkout sites like:

GunBroker,

GunsAmerica, or

AuctionArms.

Used, older, blued ordinance steel, S&W revolvers with the original casehardened parts are another option that I see other board members have already put you onto. That's good, too! Another thing you can do when you travel is to contact an FFL in the destination area and have your carry piece shipped and held for final delivery to you upon arrival. This way you avoid the risk and hassle at the airports. Just some thoughts for you to consider.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:27 AM   #18

I bought a little pocket gun by Taurus in .25acp shot it 9 times worked good in those shots. I took it to a pawn shop and I lost 25 bucks on it but I got the funds needed for my AR project.

I had a chance to buy a snub nose Taurus in .38/357 or a S&W .38spcl. The guns were both used and one was the gun shops owners gun and that was a Taurus. I chose the S&W and only paid 275 for it and a Mackarov for 109 that same day. The Taurus was 325. I like the S&W and dont regret it and I think it was a cop gun.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #19

Default Taurus

Wow so many down on Taurus! I have two Ragging Bulls one in 44 magnum and one in .357 magnum both have 8 inch barrels, I have fired the both extensivly and never had a problem one, they are both scoped and tack drivers, there is no slop what so ever they both lock up like fort knocks, that being said I would not hesitate to buy there products as there warrenty is unbeatable, so what do you have to lose???

Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #20

Internet Quote of the Day -

'Fort Knocks'