Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > ?taurus trecker model 44 review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I've owned my Taurus Tracker 45 ACP for about four years. I shoot it regularly & have several thousand rounds through it by now. I didn't care for the "Ribber Grip" & replaced it with a Hogue early on. I do have a little trouble with the ejector rod working loose every 50 rounds or so. I just have to remember to tighten it & everything is good. I did a little polishing on the trigger groupe & played with the hammer spring a little. I like how this gun shoots & the accuracy is very good. It is stainless steel with a 6 1/2" barrel.

If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

Will Rogers

Old 04-17-2010, 05:03 AM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
I've owned my Taurus Tracker 45 ACP for about four years. I shoot it regularly & have several thousand rounds through it by now. I didn't care for the "Ribber Grip" & replaced it with a Hogue early on. I do have a little trouble with the ejector rod working loose every 50 rounds or so. I just have to remember to tighten it & everything is good. I did a little polishing on the trigger groupe & played with the hammer spring a little. I like how this gun shoots & the accuracy is very good. It is stainless steel with a 6 1/2" barrel.
Have you ever used Thread Loc? My first SA 44 mag revolver used to loosen the grip frame and ejector rod housing after only a dozen or so rounds fired, I wasn't smart enough to figure using something to lock the screws in place. That's what made me really appreciate Ruger's use of Nyloc screws. Nothing ever got loose in my Ruger 45 LC and Super Blackhawk SA's.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Have you ever used Thread Loc? My first SA 44 mag revolver used to loosen the grip frame and ejector rod housing after only a dozen or so rounds fired, I wasn't smart enough to figure using something to lock the screws in place. That's what made me really appreciate Ruger's use of Nyloc screws. Nothing ever got loose in my Ruger 45 LC and Super Blackhawk SA's.

I thought about trying some kind of thread lock Viking, But decided against it. As long as I remember to tighten the rod I'm ok. It's not like I shoot hundereds of rounds very fast out of this revolver or anything.

If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

Will Rogers