Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Taurus tracker or GP 100? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/taurus-tracker-gp-100-a-61453/)

wpirate14 03-30-2012 04:56 PM

Taurus tracker or GP 100?
 
I'm thinkin about buying a new revolver. I can't decide if I want a GP 100 or a Taurus tracker. Any opinion on which is better?

rsfrid 03-30-2012 05:42 PM

Don't know much about the Taurus, but my GP100 eats just about any ammo I feed through her with extreme accuracy.
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...1715_small.jpg http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...1723_small.jpg

wpirate14 03-30-2012 05:44 PM

How is the trigger on the GP? I've shot the tracker once and really like it.

Rick1967 03-30-2012 05:55 PM

Ruger VS Taurus? Ruger plain and simple. I wouldnt think twice.

whtsmoke 03-30-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsfrid (Post 756747)
Don't know much about the Taurus, but my GP100 eats just about any ammo I feed through her with extreme accuracy.
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...1715_small.jpg http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...1723_small.jpg

Hey Brother I know this a stupid question to ask but the one in his leg was that the first shot and he didnt stop chewing on the nut so you put the rest in the middle or what?:D

levelcross 03-30-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whtsmoke (Post 756761)
Hey Brother I know this a stupid question to ask but the one in his leg was that the first shot and he didnt stop chewing on the nut so you put the rest in the middle or what?:D

Go with the GP100

Did ya have to shoot his nuggets off?

orangello 03-30-2012 06:27 PM

My nephew has a Tracker in .357, and i have a GP100 in .357 (both have 6" barrel). His holds seven rounds to my six. They are very comparable in shooting experience, but the Ruger feels ever so slightly more solid. I also like the GP100 grips better. His is stainless, while mine is blued.

As far as i know, my nephew has had no complaints about his Tracker.

wpirate14 03-30-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
My nephew has a Tracker in .357, and i have a GP100 in .357 (both have 6" barrel). His holds seven rounds to my six. They are very comparable in shooting experience, but the Ruger feels ever so slightly more solid. I also like the GP100 grips better. His is stainless, while mine is blued.

As far as i know, my nephew has had no complaints about his Tracker.

Yeah a buddy of mine bought a tracker and I like it. But I like the Ruger a little more. Mainly because the feel of it is just slightly better in my opinion.

orangello 03-30-2012 07:11 PM

I do think i would prefer stainless as the finish on my GP100.

wpirate14 03-30-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
I do think i would prefer stainless as the finish on my GP100.

Yeah my dad had a S&W 686 in stainless. I'm still mad he got rid of that one. Lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.