Taurus tracker 17 HMR issue?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus tracker 17 HMR issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus tracker 17 HMR issue?

While at my brothers I saw these shell casings in the bucket and had to take a second look. These are 17 HMR casings fired from his Taurus Tracker in 17 HMR. As you can see by the picture on the two cases on the right there appears to be no support in the neck area of the case and it is causing a buldge and even some breaks in the case. The left case was fired from a different gun for comparision. Is this normal for the tracker? My brother stated that the cases are hard to get out after fired but I dont know what " hard" means to him. Any other Tracker shooters seeing this or is there a issue with the firearm?

17hmr.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Looks to me like there's something bad wrong there. I've never known any weapon that did anything like that was normal. Can you see own to that end of the chamber? Is it the same size all the way down?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Looks to me like there's something bad wrong there. I've never known any weapon that did anything like that was normal. Can you see own to that end of the chamber? Is it the same size all the way down?
The gun is my brothers and is at his place. I will let him know there is a problem if it isnt supposed to do that. I would think that if this gun has a problem there would be many others machined wrong.

For those who may not know the tracker is a revolver so any support would have to be in the cylinder. I just dont know if there is supposed to be support for the neck or not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by Hunt SD; 09-07-2010 at 03:48 AM.