Taurus Revolvers - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I have a Taurus Model 94 ss .22 lr. It's quite accurate,and has always been reliable. After reading everyones comments on this forum I don't think I'd buy a Taurus centerfire.
I had a 3" Taurus .22 (Blued) that was given to me unfired, and broken. Had the local store send it away to be fixed, and after a few months it came back in good shape and I never had any issues with it. But the fit and finish were nowhere near as good as the 2" .38 I have now. The .38 is probably 8 or 9 years old now, but has only been fired once or twice.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've owned a Taraus 2" Ultra Light + P for 3 years now. It a dandy self defence weapon that works great. I wanted a small compact , dependable firearm in the summer time with wearing lighter clothes. I've fired probably over 600 rds so far and no problems. It's a tight handgun. I have a .380 PPKS that I used to carry concealed but after two seperate jams, (compressed spring in mag, bought 2 new Walthers mags and no more problem) I moved back to a wheel gun. Never had a problem with them and I felt uncomfortable carrying the semi-auto after that. Now I feel comfortable.
The wheel gun is easier for the 'bride' to shoot also. She had a difficult time racking the slide. Now she's happy too.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have and older Model 80 Taurus with a 4in BBL that I got for $150 a few months back it's a good shooters .

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just sent my Taurus revolver in for repairs. Well, at least it has a lifetime warranty. That doesn't mean I'll be keeping it though

Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #25

Any manufacturer (in fact, every manufacturer) may let a lemon go out. I dont think Taurus guns are poorly designed, nor are they built of poor materials. Where Taurus shoots themselves in the foot (pun intended) is in the total lack of regard for the customer. Their CS is absolutely non-existent. Yes, they have a lifetime warranty, but their service is ssssllllloooooooow. And don't bother calling to check on the repair. If your lucky, a sweet lady will lie to you, if your not lucky, you'll be threatened with a longer wait for bothering them.
Of course, my experience was 2 years ago (after which I stopped buying Taurus) and things may have improved. But I'm sure they know how much harder it is to repair a reputaion than to maintain a good one.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #26

I own a Taurus Raging Bull .44 Mag with the 8-3/4 barrel and I absolutely love it. I love both S&W and Taurus but s&w is so expensive and I got mine for half of what a s&w and its just as good and accurate im very happy with Taurus and would not hesitate to buy another but this is the only Taurus I have shot so idk but so far so good plus its a great quality and all out just a great looking gun :-) There is a downside of Taurus though, after spending the money the gun come in a cardboard type box lol but its ok for 15-25 dollars you can go buy a nice hard box for it, I got one at Wal-Mart for 12 dollars and it can hold 4 handguns more like three with the Taurus in it ;-p I would deffinetly buy another Taurus revolver not that I need one buuuuuut I just love guns so you never know :-p

Old 08-15-2011, 03:39 AM   #27

My first handgun was a Taurus .22lr revolver - the nine-shot. It was an older one, stainless steel with black pebble texture rubber grip, no under lug and a low profile rib down the barrel. The barrel length was either 3 or 4 inches.
I LOVED that little gun except for one thing. I couldn't hit a thing with it. The bullets tumbled comming out of it and would hit the target sideways at ten paces and wouldnt group at all. Eventually I traded it in for a Ruger single six, but I've been looking for another one like it.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've have my dads model 66 he got it when he was 21 he's almost 56 I haven't had any problems with the gun. Shoots just as accurate as my 1911 and I carry it when I hunt bluing not there so much but she's just fine.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 08-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
The other day, my boss (gunsmith) and I were taking a break from work and chit chatting about different guns. We got on the subject of Taurus quality, he doesn't like their semi-autos but he told me he would rather have a new Taurus revolver than a new S&W revolver... said that over the past few years S&W quality has been going down while Taurus quality is going up

This is not a discussion about taurus autos, I know they're pretty much junk except for the 1911 and the PT92, but what do you guys think about new Taurus revolvers?
I don't know about Smith quality going "down" so I will neither agree or disagree, but what I WILL agree with is the quality of the Taurus wheelguns going up.

I carry a Model 905 9mm snub or a Model 85UL very often as a BUG, or if I am teaching a BUG class. They are fantastic little revolvers, and I prefer them to the Smith line nowadays. I have never had a single issue with one of them.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:58 AM   #30

It really eats me up when a person has a problem with one Taurus, so then ALL Taurus pistols and revolvers are crap! I own a Taurus PT145, PT709, and my Summer EDC, My TCP/738, I own a Taurus/Braztech 46102 .357mag. I also own a Ruger BlackHawk in .357mag. and a Ruger LC9. I own a .22LR S&W 2206 and a NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver also. I haven't had a damned problem with any of them... Me thinks most of you who are quick to condemn, are the first to not read the Owners Manual.

MSgt. USAF(Ret.) NRA - Life Mbr., NCOA - Life Mbr., NAHC - Life Mbr., OathKeepers - Founding Mbr., Amer. Legion - Mbr., VFW - Mbr., DVA - Mbr., VVA - Mbr.