Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Polymer Public Defender?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a Ruger GP 100 and love it , it would be a good first gun...My gun has the 6 inch barrel, so not the best for concealed carry.

Attached is a piture of some of my hand guns.

100_0689.jpg  

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #32

I had wanted a Taurus Judge for a long time, I like Taurus products. But I've known two people to have near fatal accidents with theirs. They were shooting reloads and in both cases the cylinder can apart along with the backstrap on one gun... I guess I'll have to pass for now.

MSgt. USAF(Ret.) NRA - Life Mbr., NCOA - Life Mbr., NAHC - Life Mbr., OathKeepers - Founding Mbr., Amer. Legion - Mbr., VFW - Mbr., DVA - Mbr., VVA - Mbr.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmaster View Post
I had wanted a Taurus Judge for a long time, I like Taurus products. But I've known two people to have near fatal accidents with theirs. They were shooting reloads and in both cases the cylinder can apart along with the backstrap on one gun... I guess I'll have to pass for now.
They say in the book that came with the gun, not to use reloads. I will be very careful with the one I have. They also say that to many people are trying to shoot 3" mags in a 2 1/2 inch gun. The 3 " shell seems to fit into my gun, but I would never try to shoot it...I hope my Judge will prove to be a good gun, I really like it so far, but have only had it since Monday.I think it will be a fine trail gun.

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlaham View Post
But still, you guys are the experts so you're say is worth a lot more then two cents.
Now I wouldn't go that far. Unless you can verify the truth of or fully understand the reasoning behind a statement, take everything you hear on the internet with a grain of salt. And before anyone starts crap, my own statements are not excluded from the concept of "everything."

On topic, I got to handle this firearm a couple weeks ago, and I felt like the cylinder would fall out at any moment. I could literally wiggle the front of the cylinder SIDE TO SIDE by at least 1mm. It genuinely felt like I toy, and I wouldn't have even said that about my GF's .22lr Walther P22 :P .