Taurus M85 .38 Hammer Change?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus M85 .38 Hammer Change?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus M85 .38 Hammer Change?

I have a Taurus Model 85 .38sp , about 5-6 yrs old with the "Taurus security system" lock. Regular spurred hammer.

Just curious, will a factory Taurus "spurless" hammer
swap out with a regular hammer in this model? Thus making the gun a spurless hammer model?

Or is there more to it like fitting the hammer and other internal mechanisms that make the 2 guns different?

Anyone here done this hammer swap on the Taurus m85 .38 special?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Taurus M85 hammer change?

Hello all

RON L = SERESURPLUS

I'm not all that up to date on tarus revolver,s, most are copies of the Smith and Wesson designs, where the swopping of the Hammer, was Just not that simple! It usaully took a change of the mainspring to compensate for the lighter weight spurless hammer! You might try it, But go slow and test it well as I'm just not sure that simple swop will do the trick? I'm really only guessing, so a simple Letter to taurus is really your best bet? Hell, they might even do it for you for free, if you ask? They usually support thier weapons well in repairs, but this is kinda beyond that?You will just have to see, please let us know how it all works ok, ?

RON L