Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Lovers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus Lovers

Just curious if there are any Taurus lovers out here. I use a Taurus .38 special Ultralite for my ccw and a Raging Bull in .44 Mag

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The only one I own (a 24/7 Pro) has been back at the Taurus shop for 4 of the 5 weeks I've owned it with a trigger problem. Not a fan right now...

Old 01-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'd take a Judge if someone wanted to give me one, but I wouldn't go out of my way to own a Taurus.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #4

I have a Raging Hornet and a 980 and have had no problems with them. I enjoy both.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #5

I have two Model 85's now, an Ultralite and an older stainless version. Have had several others including a couple of the Millenium Series and have never had a problem with any of them. I carry the UL quite a bit.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #6

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I really like my PT-945. A great gun!!

Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #7

Default Warning All Taurus Lovers

My late pal Bill Powell from Texas had a habit of buying each of his girlfriends a .38 spl Taurus snubby and teaching them to shoot it. It was a practice that I mentioned that might not be a good idea, as there was so many that I am sure Taurus should have put him on the board of directors!

Naturally girlfriends tended to overlap, sometimes to an alarming degree, well one night his luck ran out, a particular hot blooded Hispanic girl called by unexpectedly to find him.........well indisposed with a current amour. She forced her way in the front door past him, and a domestic ensued. He managed to bungle her out of the front door screaming and shouting (he in underpants and socks!) she grabbed her purse! Yes, you guessed it, as she pulled the Taurus from her purse he slammed the front door. The girl fired three rounds through the door hitting him twice in the upper left arm.

Well the story had a happy ending, he didn't file charges and had full mobility back in the arm in six months, oh yes he looked her up three months after the domestic and resumed the romance......... I might not agree with Bill's political views but I will miss that colourful crazy character...........

Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #8

I have a Taurus PT92 and an old .38 Spl made in 1962. I used to have a 66 in stainless, but traded it for a Glock 30. I actually regret doing that.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Don't know if I would call myself a "lover" of Taurus, but I own a couple. I have a model 617, 7 shot .357 magnum 2", that I carry when I'm in the mood to carry a revolver. My wife carries a model 85 UltraLite .38 spl. I find both of them to be reliable and as accurate as any other handgun I own. In fact, I qualify annually with the 617 for my HR-218 qualification, revolver course.

Model 617...

Model 85...
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to have a 441 .44 special 4" barrel. I really liked that gun, but I traded it. Can anybody else relate to that? I wish they still made it. I also used to have a 605 .357 Mag. Brutal gun to shoot, and not accurate. I had a PT99 9mm and a PT945 also. Both good.