Taurus judge public defender - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus judge public defender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hmm ,10 rds for $13, not such a good value. Winchester better up the ante if they want to beat out the Federal handgun ammo. I've seen those snake charmer derringers, interesting design, wouldn't mind getting one of those. I've also heard that Magnum Research had a 45c/410 revolver, haven't seen it though. Thanks for the correction Mark.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

For what it's worth I have owned the "Judge" for about 18 months now, and I've pounded a lot of ammo through it. Buckshot, birdshot, slugs, and 45 Colts. It's a nice shooting revolver with anything you can stuff in it. However, my preference is #4 shot. It really makes a mess of whatever it hits. Anyone that tells you it's just a snake gun is full of crap, and I defy said person to let my use them for target practice...

Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #33

Hey Mark, is that the HKS CA-44 speedloader in your pic? I just ordered a couple, are they good? As for shotshells, I've used remington 3 inch #4 shot, didn't like em', too much spread. I do like the Federal 000. I need to find some of the Federal handgun #4 shot, looks like that's what you have loaded in your pic, how have they performed for you?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch76 View Post
Hey Mark, is that the HKS CA-44 speedloader in your pic? I just ordered a couple, are they good? As for shotshells, I've used remington 3 inch #4 shot, didn't like em', too much spread. I do like the Federal 000. I need to find some of the Federal handgun #4 shot, looks like that's what you have loaded in your pic, how have they performed for you?
Yes that is a CA-44 Speedloader. It works OK, but it takes some getting used to. NOTE: It only works with .45 Colt ammo! I guess "too much spread" is relative. That's why I like #4. The "Judge" is my wife's SD gun and I want it to pepper the target without too much precision aiming. At 15 feet or less, the #4 shot is brutal.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #35

Got My HKS Ca-44 speedloaders today, they work good. Now if this weather would clear up I could get some shooting done. Thanks for your advice Mark.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:59 AM   #36

I've recently added a Judge Public Defender to my Taurus stable and I love it!! I haven't been able to get my hands on much .45lc so I carry it with the Federal 410 Handgun Personal Defense in 000 Buck. I am curious to try the new Winchester PDX1 410. I happened to see it on tv(don't remember what show...either ShootingUSA or ShootingGallery) at 2010 Shot-Show. They said the 3 "Defense Disc" projectiles were designed to engage the bores rifling as a conventional bullet does. This is what makes me want to try them!

Old 10-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #37

Default Peacemaker 41

I just got my Judge Public Defender Stainless Steel 2" barrel and just want to say, "I love it."

I wear bib overhauls and this things fits great in my hip pocket, actually it's not much bigger than my S&W Model model 14 .38 spl.

Small enough to conceal, big enough to put something on 'em that Ajax won't take off.

I also have the 4" version which I enjoy but it was so big the butt stuck out.

I have been carrying either my CZ75 .40 cal or my 1911 .45, but I will be using this Judge as my carry weapon, now.

The Judge puts out about a 2 ft. long ball of flame when you shoot it at night

Overall, very beautiful and impressive weapon.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:00 AM   #38

Default Public Defender Grip

Hello all. I am new to the forum and just purchased a Public Defender. After firing it I immediately saw that I made a mistake in picking this model because of the short grip. Does anyone know if there are any wooden aftermarket grips available ? I have only found a homemade pair on ebay and they look awful.

If there are none available perhaps someone with the longer grip model and aftermarket grips might be able to tell if a longer grip might be modified to fit the Public Defender.

Thanks

Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyonwheels
I've recently added a Judge Public Defender to my Taurus stable and I love it!! I haven't been able to get my hands on much .45lc so I carry it with the Federal 410 Handgun Personal Defense in 000 Buck. I am curious to try the new Winchester PDX1 410. I happened to see it on tv(don't remember what show...either ShootingUSA or ShootingGallery) at 2010 Shot-Show. They said the 3 "Defense Disc" projectiles were designed to engage the bores rifling as a conventional bullet does. This is what makes me want to try them!
I used the pdx1 ammo and I like it. It is very accurate and a good self defense round! Have tried and over penetration tests but on bottles full of water it does some damage!