Taurus judge public defender
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus judge public defender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default Taurus judge public defender

Well i picked up the new Taurus judge public defender day befor yesterday, for all you who are wondering the difference, the public defender is the compact judge for a CCW. I have to tell you 3 days ago i never though i would EVER own one of these as they are large cumberson weapons and im not 6"5 by any means, however i will say that at 5"6 165 i can tuck the public defender in my waist band with a T-shirt and jeans and you will never know. I did some research on them to see what their "made" of and almost all the things i read are people bashing them as novelty and snake guns. I must say i bought some of the federal 000 buck made for the judge and it packs as much whack as any .40, at 15 yards it held under a 3 inch pattern and was dead on the sights which was very impressive considering the kind of revolver it is. one handed at 15 yards yeilded a 4 inch pattern and was only a little left but thats just my trigger pull. At 20 yards in SA both hands made about a 41/2 pattern and the shot was a little low. Now the farthest i would ever consider getting in a gun battle is a max of 20 yards with a revolver any way so this will be my new CC gun. With its small size recoil was minimum to me but then agin i like to feel the gun i shoot, a old man at the range i let shoot it said the recoil was a bit on the heavy side for him. At around 3 secs i was able to get off all 5 rounds into the lips of a osama bin laden target at 15 yards takeing my time to re aim after every shot and they all stayed on his mouth so i say recoil cant be to bad. I picked it up brand new off the shelf for $206 by givin the shop one of my old shottys so i got a good deal on it. only bad thing i noted was cheap ammo completely shut the gun down with unburnt powder and the ammo later turned out to be the euro spec which is the wrong size in the brass caseing. there are many tips i can give to any one with questions just leme know

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I bought the Taurus 4510 "The Judge" for my wife sometime back. This one is the polished stainless steel version. I like it, but more importantly my wife likes it. I've fired virtually every round available in 2.5" .410 caliber and some 45 LC as well. The only change I made was to replace the original grip with a Hogue Monogrip. It makes a big difference!

Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

This is my wife's Judge...

judge.jpg  

Old 12-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for the report. I don't know if I'll ever own one, but they intrigue me.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yeah I kinda feel like the same way. If I ever would have one, it would be one of those firearms you would buy becuase they are fun to shoot, and cool to have. But, apparently Mark F's wife has one which I must assume she uses, so it can't be all that bad.

Hmm... I am getting curious myself,....

I get that same feeling as the first time a saw a GLOCK - ugly, but there is something attractive about it (I guess it is the testosterone factor). Over time the uglyness of the Glocks have disappeared, and I couldn't imagining NOT having one today....

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 12-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #6

If you ever get one i recomend the public defender version as it is a LOT smaller and on par with most other revolvers people would consider for a CCW, and if you want to use it as a defensive weapon for protection the only thing i recomend is the 45LC which is hard to find where i live or the federal 000 buck which has 4 BB's (the size of 12 gauge buck) and is a FMJ and made specificly for the judge.

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/buckshot.aspx?id=848

Last edited by deathkricket; 12-04-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #7

Liked 12 Times on 3 Posts

i just got a judge the other week. the 3 inch mag version but i havent had the time to get to the range yet.

a split second of man made perfection dialogue, speed, and direction.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I would second that. I don't know if they are for my safe, but there is something interesting about the platform as a What If.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I was just browsing on the internet for local gunshops and I found the Old version of the Judge (deathkricket is right, the new one looks cooler), the only problem,...the price-tag...grab something to hold on to,.... 1000 USD....Yeahhh that is what we pay for guns around here...

I got some errands to do tomorrow: 1) Pick up my SIG P250, 2) register for the Level III IPSC match on sunday, so I just might swing by the gunshop, to see what it looks and feels like....

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 12-05-2009, 02:22 AM   #10

Holy crap, $1000 thats on the higher end of things, you can pick up the new judge for $400 at local gun shops around my house