Taurus Judge issues - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Judge issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 7

Default Magnum Judge

I shot my Taurus Judge magnum about 40 times and the cylinder started to lock up. I could free it, but it jammed again after cocking it two or 3 times. I sent it back to the factory and waited 6 weeks for a gun that was right out of the box. I guess you wait in line if you bought your gun at a yard sale or new. It works fine now after a 10 shot trial, I am afraid to shoot any more than as I want to sell it with a clear conscience. The repair order read, "adjusted cylinder".

Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #32

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Does the Judge have a screw safety lock in the hammer like the Tracker has? My friend that has a Tracker 44 mag found that the lock screw was loose enough to screw itself in and cause it to act like it was jambing up, he cleaned the treads and put Lock-Tite on them and says that that solved the problem.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
Does the Judge have a screw safety lock in the hammer like the Tracker has? My friend that has a Tracker 44 mag found that the lock screw was loose enough to screw itself in and cause it to act like it was jambing up, he cleaned the treads and put Lock-Tite on them and says that that solved the problem.
No, I tried that before sending it back to the factory. When it jammed, I could not even pop the cylinder out.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #34

Default Wow, glad I checked out this thread

I was looking at a Taurus this past weekend and was planning to pick up a .357 mag. because it was $100 cheaper than a S&W (20%). I think the peace of mind is worth the extra $$.

Brig

Old 05-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadeir View Post
I was looking at a Taurus this past weekend and was planning to pick up a .357 mag. because it was $100 cheaper than a S&W (20%). I think the peace of mind is worth the extra $$.

Brig
I think you are right!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadeir View Post

Brig
I have only owned two tauruses (sp?), the magnum Judge and the ..380 TCP. Both went south due to poor quality control within 50 shots. Maybe I am just unlucky... but I am finished with Taurus.

-Bob

Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #37

Brigadeir, the Tracker series revolver and the Judge series revolvers are of dissimular designs. That is not to say that Taurus may use some simular disigned parts in both frames. You must remeber you are not dealing with a Colt or S&W revolver, where they use tested proven designs and charge you for the cost of that improved manufacturing. Taurus on the other hand seems to just not care about fit and finish, and cheap is better mentality is poor with a weapon manufactorer's buissness profile. Sorry but that is what I see, and every design change is for cost savings only . Every year they seem to get worst. I will not own a Taurus if it is my choice alone!!!!!!
Good luck sell them before everyone else finds out and you can no longer get your money back, or at least not close to it.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 719 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I am not any type of business man at all, so I would ask some of you guys or ladies who are:

How long would/ should a company keep passing off junk and trying to pacify unhappy customers with crappy customer service before they take a real and effective approach to fixing the problem, or making things "right" before they completely destroy their customer base? I realize that to some extent, they expect a certain number of their products to have issues, but how many is too many?
Microsoft has been getting away with it for decades.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #39

I had my Judge Mag. do the same thing FlBob. Mine wasn't the gun's fault though. What kind of ammo were you using? I've seen factory ammo and reloaded ammo do this. Sometimes the primers are not fully seated and are forced out the back of the shell when fired, jamming against the frame of the gun, and making it extremely hard to open the cylinder and impossible to shoot another shot. Of course yours does sound like a mechanical malfunction instead. Just wanted to put this out there anyways.

God and guns make this country strong.

Last edited by sasquatch76; 05-27-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #40

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch76 View Post
Mine wasn't the gun's fault though. What kind of ammo were you using? I've seen factory ammo and reloaded ammo do this. Sometimes the primers are not fully seated and are forced out the back of the shell when fired, jamming against the frame of the gun, and making it extremely hard to open the cylinder and impossible to shoot another shot. Of course yours does sound like a mechanical malfunction instead. Just wanted to put this out there anyways.
Sure, any and ALL should be inspected before use, but if a gun can't fight through a minor ammo issue, then it's not a gun to me. I'm curious to see how long folks feed these slouches at Taurus. Interesting?