Taurus Judge issues - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Judge issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've owned several taurus'. I have never had a single problem out of any of them. I currently own a pt92 and pt92c and I love them both. I am sorry that all of you have had some short coming's with the brand but hey that's life. As for the taurus in question I have never fired a round out of one. though I have pondered the issue of being able to shoot .45 as well as 410 out of the same weapon was a good idea or not. Seeing how there is so many different powder loads out there, that all it would take is an inexperienced user to fire a hot load out of gun that would mere break it. Then complain to the manufacturer that the gun they have is defective. I love taurus guns and seeing everyones comment in this thread leads me to believe that I may be the only one here that does lol, But I personally think taurus slit their own throat when they developed this particular firearm good luck with the judge I know taurus will make good eventually

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #12

Here is the ammo I am using- Remington 7.5 shot, 3", Winchester Super X #4 shot 3", Sellier & Bellot 000 buck shot 2.5". I have not fired any 45 long Colt ammo through this gun.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #13

Just got off the phone with Taurus customer service and the gun told me that Taurus is replacing the gun with a new one! My fingers are crossed that it is flawless? This is the customer service that I expect after buying a new firearm and having these type of issues with it. I tip my hat to Taurus for doing the right thing! I will update this post once I shoot my new gun! The guy told me it is on back order?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #14

Need some advice, I just received the "new gun" from Taurus. I am not sure on how a manufacture can send a new firearm with a new serial number directly to my house? Must I get this transfered into my name? So I received the new gun, issue number one directly behing the hammer there is an area wher they did not bead blast and it is shiny. When I pull the hammer back I can hear a crackling noise like a spring. I never heard that before on my other new gun? What would you do, give me some opinions? Do I live with it if everything is ok after I shoot it? Or do I request another new gun? Thank you everyone.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1703 View Post
Need some advice, I just received the "new gun" from Taurus. I am not sure on how a manufacture can send a new firearm with a new serial number directly to my house? Must I get this transfered into my name? So I received the new gun, issue number one directly behing the hammer there is an area wher they did not bead blast and it is shiny. When I pull the hammer back I can hear a crackling noise like a spring. I never heard that before on my other new gun? What would you do, give me some opinions? Do I live with it if everything is ok after I shoot it? Or do I request another new gun? Thank you everyone.
Send it back again, don't settle, and don't buy another Tauras.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Sorry for your bad experience. This is why I continually try and steer people away from Taurus. These things happen way too often. I've never personally owned a Taurus, (and never will) but I hear mostly negative reviews and the only positive ones are usually simply that they work. Ruger is not that much more expensive, especially if you get one used.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #17

My replacement gun is shipping back to Taurus tomorrow 3/8/10. I wrote them a very descriptive letter, and again requested someone in management contact me about this whole ordeal. I also told them this is my last attempt to resolve this issue. Lets see what happens?

Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #18

Well it is 4/1/10 I finally received another replacement gun from Taurus. This time it was sent to their headquarters in Florida to be inspected before I received it. Visually it looks alright, see what happens after I fire it? No apology in the box with the gun, or even a lousy free hat after all I have been through. I estimate I have been without this gun approximately 12 - 18 weeks?

Old 04-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Great customer relations!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #20

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1254

I had a PT111 PRO. Weak primer strike. Kept getting worse. a bunch of phone calls and no response. I finally got someone on the phone. They mailed me a firing pin assembly. Charged me $11. Sent me one for a 24/7. Didn't fit. A bunch of calls later I get through again. I read my serial number over the phone. The lady says it a 24/7. I say it says PT111 PRO on the Slide in big letters. They send me another wrong pin.

Taurus Sucks!!!!!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.