Taurus Judge issues
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Taurus Judge issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus Judge issues

Hi everyone here is my episode with Taurus. I bought the Judge Magnum in Matte stainless finish, brand new. When I shoot .410 rounds 2", or3" different brands they get stuck in the cylinder? The front fiber optic sight is very dull looking? Along the seam of the gun there are numerous burrs, the screws on the gun have burrs on them also. Under the trigger guard area there is a rough spot? Long story short I sent it back to Taurus with a thorough description of all the problems. I got the gun back from Taurus all the issues were still there, like they did not even touch it? Yet the paper with the gun said they adjusted the cylinder, and the extractor. Now when I spin the cylinder I see runout on the extractor rod, like they bent it? It is back at Taurus again, see how they do this time? There customer service to this point is VERY poor. They could care less, I requested someone in management call me about this whole ordeal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I know of 1 guy that bought a new Rageing Bull with a crack in the frame. It took 3 trips back and over a year before he ever got to shoot his new gun. I was about to buy a .45 Clot revolver, one of the lite weight jobs, but loaned the money to a friend who was with me to buy it. Best thing I`ve ever done. He had trouble with it and sent it back. When he got the gun back it did work, but had a cylinder for .45 APC in it. Took him about 9 mo. to get right. Let us know how you make out with their service dept.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #3

Oh I forgot, one person on the phone at Taurus customer service told me "smooth shotgun shells, and high brass" only. I never seen this in any of their advertisements?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #4

Liked 230 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I had a Taurus .22 revolver that misfired 33% of every round-sent it to Taurus and 3 months later I got a replacement.One month later with the replacement,the transfer bar snapped off,so I sent it back and told them I was fed up and asked them to send me one of thier 9mm auto's instead,they said that they would ask the boss and let me know.Then a few weeks later a .22 revolver with a different serial number showed up at my doorstep-very illegal where I live.I had to get it registered and then I sold it to be done with Taurus.I now have a Ruger .22 revolver and am much more happy with that.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #5

Sorry to hear that. You just fell into the the bad end of the hit and miss. I fell into that category too. I got rid of my judge. Better luck next time. For me it was permanent. I refuse to buy another taurus.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1703 View Post
Oh I forgot, one person on the phone at Taurus customer service told me "smooth shotgun shells, and high brass" only. I never seen this in any of their advertisements?
Taurus wouldn't advertise any of their shortcomings, ever. The judge is nothing more than a novelty item and every firearm they produce could either be hit or miss. People keep on giving them chances because of their warranties, but if you have to keep sending your gun back, what good is it? It's not that much more expensive to go with a Ruger, Smith or Springfield even if its used you got a better chance of getting a quality firearm that would last a lifetime.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My Judge cracked after a few rounds of .45LC cowboy loads! Luckily the gunshop gave me my money back and I promptly reinvested it in a Remington 870.

I won't be buying any Taurus products in the future.
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've never owned a Taurus, but from what I can tell, if you get a good one, you'll be thrilled, and if you get a bad one, you'll be furious. As far as wheelguns go, I'll be sticking to Ruger and S&W.
Ruger Mk III Competition
S&W M&P 9 Pro Series
East German Makarov PM

Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I was talking to a guy at the gunshop today. He said that the problem you were haveing was probly due to the ammo you were useing. There is some of the imported, I forget the brand, but it goes in pretty tight and swell bad when fired. If you stick to good ammo you should not have the problem. According to him.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

If a gun can't eat anything (acceptable) its fed, then its not much of a gun. . .