Taurus Judge For CCW & Home Defense? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Judge For CCW & Home Defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Not for home defense

I simply believe .410 to be inadequate when it comes to home protection. I do not speak for others but as for myself home defense is the single most important and unforgiving decision that one can make when purchasing a weapon. Shotgun....pistol which to go with. That is as old a debate as the two types of firearms themselves. I personally chose pistol however, I shoot OFTEN. And as any avid shootist will tell you...training training training is the only way to be truly capable in a terrifying situation. If you find yourself there then you either A. Be proficient or B. Have a really big damn weapon that can penetrate with scatter. A shotgun is capable however the .410 flavor simply lacks any real "punch".

GOD bless, good luck and be safe.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

After watching hickok45's review of the judge on youtube, I know I wouldn't want one now.
It's pretty much only effective at 3 yards and closer with the .410

Old 05-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #13

Default Judge

I bought and I like!

My only purpose for the gun is SD. The gun is big and heavy and in no way practicle for CC (at least for me) I live in N. Idaho and some use it as grouse gun. At the range the 45 LC was very accurate and the stock grips help alot. In most 410 cals it's fine. When you however use the Winchester PDX1 ammo it's another ballgame. Most self defense shoots tend to be short range. This ammo is three disks followed by 12 bbs. Try it on a stump at 10ft and your jaw will drop.

In the night,from a deep sleep, startled by noise, you only have to point in the general direction to raise hell. Plus the stuff you send downrange runs out of gas fairly soon.

In a SD situation I want to cancel the threat not hurt the kid next door.
1st Tarus I have ever bought and happy w/my choice!

As a side note

I have a CCP and am very serious about thinking and training.

If you want to carry please shoot whenever you can. Learn all you can! Take classes, read books!

We as a group need to be there when the next columbine/Virg tech/ Gabby Giffords thing happens.

Thanks all,
Dash