Taurus Judge ?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Judge ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus Judge ?

Been considering a Judge. I've currently got an XD & a Para 1911. And for some reason I've always wanted a Judge.
Any opinions on why I should, or should not grab one up?
I'm thinking of home defense, and just because I want one. But still not sure if it's worth the money.
I'm kinda thinking the fun would wear off of it fast.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #2

I have one and love it it is just the opposite of what you are saying every time I take it out I end up having more fun with it than the rest of my guns and home defense the best if you live in a small house in close quarters it will definitely take care of a problem.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 AM   #3

A close friend of mine has one & it is an absolute pleasure to shoot. Carrying it isn't practical although you can sure do it if you want. He shoulder straps it when he rides his cruiser bike. It's a pretty funny sight. Like wbaker said above me there, it is all kinds of fun to shoot & if someone decides to uninvitedly pay your home a visit, it will most certainly take care of whomever your visitor/visitors is/are.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I gave one to the wife - we have a large wooded property and a snake problem. She didn't like the weight so I swapped out the snakeshot for pdx rounds and now it lives in my glove compartment.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanStationBluegrasser
A close friend of mine has one & it is an absolute pleasure to shoot. Carrying it isn't practical although you can sure do it if you want. He shoulder straps it when he rides his cruiser bike. It's a pretty funny sight. Like wbaker said above me there, it is all kinds of fun to shoot & if someone decides to uninvitedly pay your home a visit, it will most certainly take care of whomever your visitor/visitors is/are.
You need to take a picture of him riding a bike with that strapped to him LOL.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

This needs no introduction at all.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

my brother bought one a few years ago for home defence. he brought it down to my house to practice with it. i was impressed with it and how well it shot. recoil wasn't near what i expected from such a short barreled pistol. he has a wife and two young daughters and this was what he ended up getting for SD in his home. the only drawback is the price. it's just a little more than i'm willing to pay for one right now. but IMO, i personally think they are a viable option for home protection, especially loaded with some good ammo. if not for the Judge and the others coming on the market, the 410 might have slipped into never never land! i believe the Judge gave the 410 a new lease on life.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #8

Liked 724 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I see alot of used ones for sale. Just sayin

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.