Taurus Haters - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Taurus Haters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Dude drive on with your Taurus!! That's your choice!! And I have mine!! It's all good!! I personally wouldn't own one again and wouldn't recommend to anyone!! To many other choices in my opinion!! Is that ok, can I have an opinion??
Mongo Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #72
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

BTW, The Taurus P92 is on the approved list for many departments that don't issue a standard weapon, and there are officers who DO carry them. Both Philippine and Brazilian LEOs and military use them as well.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 12-17-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Dude drive on with your Taurus!! That's your choice!! And I have mine!! It's all good!! I personally wouldn't own one again and wouldn't recommend to anyone!! To many other choices in my opinion!! Is that ok, can I have an opinion??
Your still avoiding my question.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #74

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

This thread should have been named "Taurus lovers club" never new there was so many!! Sorry to rain on your love for Taurus. I wouldn't want anyone to rain on my passion for S&W or another gun I like!! Sorry guys just voiced my limited experience! Peace to you all!!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #75

Quote:
This thread should have been named "Taurus lovers club" never new there was so many!! Sorry to rain on your love for Taurus. I wouldn't want anyone to rain on my passion for S&W or another gun I like!! Sorry guys just voiced my limited experience! Peace to you all!!
Somebody's ^ butthurt because their argument was torn apart.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #76
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
simple fact is you are trying to make them out to be cheaply made pistols that will fall apart or blow up in your hand. they are not cheaply made pistols and are for the most part, pretty well made.

BTW, clink on the link that i provided earlier. Smith & Wesson at one time owned 54% of the Taurus company and many of Taurus's revolver designs were copied from S&W. they also bought the Brazilian division of Beretta and made a dang near copy of the Beretta 92F.

many South American police agencies have used Taurus pistols for years.

no they are not Smith & Wesson quality, but they are hardly junk either. you are more than welcome to your opinions, but i feel you are on the wrong path here. you comments equate to someone having owned one Ford vehicle in their life, having a problem and then stating all Fords are junk. it doesn't negate the fact that the Ford had a problem, but still doesn't reinforce the statement all Fords are junk either.

i have owned several Taurus pistols over the years, along with S&W, Colt, Astra, and some others.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #77

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I personally would never buy a product that had to be shipped out of the country for service.

Tack

Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I personally would never buy a product that had to be shipped out of the country for service.

Tack

Quote:
Ship your UNLOADED Taurus handgun to:

Taurus International
ATTN: Repair Department
16175 NW 49 Avenue
Miami, FL 33014

Old 12-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #79

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Huh.. I thought they had to go to Brazil?

Maybee I will consider that magnum judge after all.

Tack
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #80

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I think the biggest beef with Taurus I see is their lousy customer service.When you buy a firearm from a company that claims to stand by their warranty and customer service,you expect to be taken care of.This is exactly why Hi-Point has so many return customers,same with S&W.Hi-Point and Smith & Wesson's customer service have been AWESOME to me.I called Hi-Point to send in my C9 due to some feeding issues and had it back in 2 weeks with a free magazine and a polished feedramp and worked great until I sold it.S&W's CS was even better.I had to send in my Bodyguard 380 because the laser went out and the slide kept coming off and they paid for the postage to send it back and a couple weeks later I got back a "brand new" Bodyguard since they were unable to fix mine.I'm not a S&W fanboy,but they have me as a customer for life.Even the very bottom tier guns like Cobra and Jimenez has no hassle customer service and warranties.
I have a friend who had a Cobra FS380 in Ruby Red and when the finish started peeling on it,he sent it to Cobra and since they couldnt send him another one in Ruby Red,they sent him a brand new one in chrome finish.That's good customer service for a gun that sells for $113 brand new at most gun shops.No,this doesn't make me want to run out and buy a Cobra,but if a $100 gun can have good CS,why can't Taurus?Crappy customer service is what keeps me away from Taurus.When I had problems with my 85UL (which I fixed myself) I sent Taurus a letter stating I will not buy another gun from them until their CS improves.
That was over 5 months ago and have not heard back from them.This is not a jab at Taurus guns in general .I think they have some great guns,but their CS absolutely sucks.
JWagner Likes This