Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Haters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Seems like ground that's been walked over but I've owned hell mabe 2 dozen or more--mostly revolvers--had ONE with a issue (mdl 85) never cared for simi's but its not because of performance issues. I'd buy another if I found one at a price I knew I wouldn't loose money reselling
Most haters hate on hearsay i'd say

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I'd say that's probably accurate. I've noticed a lot on this very thread "I have a buddy who had a Taurus..."

However there seem to be enough first hand accounts of lemons, on this and other forums, that it does seem Taurus needs to work on their QC.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20047 Times on 11400 Posts
Likes Given: 50584

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Seems like ground that's been walked over but I've owned hell mabe 2 dozen or more--mostly revolvers--had ONE with a issue (mdl 85) never cared for simi's but its not because of performance issues. I'd buy another if I found one at a price I knew I wouldn't loose money reselling
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I'd say that's probably accurate. I've noticed a lot on this very thread "I have a buddy who had a Taurus..."

However there seem to be enough first hand accounts of lemons, on this and other forums, that it does seem Taurus needs to work on their QC.
internet rumors. i had a buddy who had a friend that had one and he had a problem with a Taurus!

Taurus is not any different than any other company that mass produces an item for sale to the public. they produce a defective product from time to time. it happens. they aren't perfect. i'll bet you could do a search and find where any company you googled had a problem with one of their products at one time or another. every company, foreign and domestic. Ford, GM, Dodge, GE, IBM, Dell, MayTag, Stanley, ect., ect.,,,,,,

yes there have been some actual accounts of Taurus pistols having problems, and i have seen some pictures of those actual problems. but for anyone to think this is just one company that has products that have problems is just naive and stupid.

so all your haters who want to hate on Taurus, because you had friend who had a friend who had a problem, or you read something on the internet, along the same lines and want to repeat it, as if you actually knew what you were talking about, well your credibility stinks and most intelligent people will dismiss it anyways. when you have first hand experiance and can post some proof, then we the intelligent gun owners might be willing to listen to what you have to say. until such time, just go back to your video game and leave the adult conversations to the adults.

rant off!
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #34

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

My brothers friends cousins sister-in-laws ex former roommate knew a guy that had a stove pipe in their Taurus. Instead of getting it fixed if there was indeed a problem they sold it to someone else

Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #35

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Model 65 2.5 inch barrel .357 6 shooter. Had it since 94, my CCW, and it has had 500 rounds of 357 mag and 38 special run thru it. I like it, it still looks good, hits where I aim it at 20 feet. I paid 180$ for it in 94, was my first firearm. My dealer said "its a good cheap gun". Worked for me. I have a soft spot for my "first".

Old 12-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #36

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

If they changed the name to Cli-Taurus... everyone would love it! LMAO!!!! Sorry I will kick my own head out of the gutter!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 632 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
This is something I don't understand. Why do so many people love to hate Taurus? No, they are not S&Ws, or Colts, but they also don't cost near as much.

Plus, they have an outstanding warranty. It lasts the lifetime of the gun, follows the gun wherever it goes, and is basically a no questions asked sort of deal. One story I've heard of the customer service involved a gun owner sending his gun in for a repair. They no longer made that gun, or had any of the parts it needed. So instead, they sent him a brand new gun to replace it. THAT'S service.

I have one Taurus. It's an early model 66 .357 mag. Back when they had 6 chambers and were nickel plating them. It's so old, they don't even have it's serial number listed in their database. It still locks up really tight, and has one of the best triggers I have ever felt on any gun. The double action trigger is smooth, not too heavy, and not too long. The single action trigger has barely any creep, and is pretty light. (don't have anything to actually measure it, but if I had to guess, it's in the 2-4 lb range)

So what's up with the hate?
I don't own any yet, but a buudy of mine has, a couple months ago he mailed in 2 semi autos to get reworked, there was really nothin wrong with them, they had just had thousands of rounds put through them, theyed cleaned them replaced some worn parts and he had them back in a couple weeks, all he had to pay was shipping. now I think that is good service!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 632 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterofAres View Post
If they changed the name to Cli-Taurus... everyone would love it! LMAO!!!! Sorry I will kick my own head out of the gutter!
no need to be sorry here..

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #39
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 780 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 369

I have a Mill Pro in .45 and a PT-1911 SS, The Mill Pro works every time and its an ok gun the 1911 is a keeper for me its accurate and reliable.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #40

Liked 125 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I purchased a brand new model 94 .22lr a few years back, from day one it would only fire 3 of the 9 rounds in the cylinder, with every cylinder full, except with the exception of cci ammo, so I paid more for my ammo to achieve only one misfire per 9 rounds-woo hoo, then one day after I had only owned the gun 3 months, it locked up and the cylinder would not open, stayed locked, so I sent it to Taurus, about one month later they called me back asking if they could just send me a new gun, and that there were no blued finish ones, only stainless, so thinking I was getting a free upgrade I said yes. 2 more months pass(3 months after I sent it in), my new revolver arrives at my house, not the gun dealer like it was supposed to, and it is indeed a different gun with a different serial number, and in my state where you have to register handguns, was very illegal for me to possess, so it was a big mess that I had to straighten out at the police station to get my "new" gun registered to me and the old one taken out of my name..good job Taurus! Well, the replacement gun seemed to fire just fine, but after just 30 days and 1500 rounds off ammo, this gun locked up too, and oh yeah, when I moved the hammer to look in there the transfer bar fell out with sheared metal chunks ta boot. I promptly sent that one back, and in a blazing 2 months they yet again sent a new gun with a new serial number to my house. Well, after "owning" a Taurus for 8 months, yet only possessing it for 3 of those months, I promptly took the 3rd revolver (2nd replacement) to the nearest gun dealer and traded it off for a Ruger. SO if you want to know why I am a Taurus hater- that's why, maybe they aren't that bad, maybe I am just the unluckiest person alive, but I hate their guns and I hate their service and my story I just gave is why.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

SSGN_Doc Likes This