Taurus Haters - Page 17
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Haters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Maybe a person who buys 12 guns in 12 years can get a good track record. And maybe that's a lot of guns to them.

Lots of dime store lawyering attempts at leading statements and spin on this thread.

Bottom line:

The shop I worked at wasn't just some hole in the wall mom and pop place, not a chain either.

I don't know how many hundreds of Taurus the place sold when I was there. Pages and pages of repair sendback in the notebook...so many that most employees laugh when they have to add another one.

The owner knows they are prone to having issues, all employees do too, but the customer base demands that they stock 'em and a fair number are willing to live with any hassles they may encounter. Some may trade a problematic rig off after failure of company to fix, and go back and buy a copy of it. There is a bit of brand loyalty..............and sometimes it's a wonder. Again, socially, maybe there's some deal with a need for added attention.

I dunno.

It's their money, they can justify spending it however they want.

Last edited by Hookeye; 01-16-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #162
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3219 Times on 1616 Posts
Likes Given: 421

I own one Taurus, an 85 UL. It functions.
That said, it's by no means a standout example of the gun-maker's art. Unrefined and unpleasant is a good way to describe it. But yeah, it functions reliably.
Knowing what I know now, spending the additional $100 to $150 (at the time) for the similar S&W would have been money well spent. If the Taurus fan gallery considers that "hate," then so be it.

NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #163
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Yesterday we interviewed the CEO Mark Kresser here at SHOT. Hopefully the vid will upload to be posted in a few hrs(big files)& audio of the interview this weekend. Also he spoke with us for 30+ mins after the main interview was done. We will have at a later date Kimberly I, who runs CS out of Miami. They are committed to making all wrongs right! How many companies in this business can say that!?!?!?!?

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #164
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3219 Times on 1616 Posts
Likes Given: 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Yesterday we interviewed the CEO Mark Kresser here at SHOT. Hopefully the vid will upload to be posted in a few hrs(big files)& audio of the interview this weekend. Also he spoke with us for 30+ mins after the main interview was done. We will have at a later date Kimberly I, who runs CS out of Miami. They are committed to making all wrongs right! How many companies in this business can say that!?!?!?!?
They ALL say it. The guys who built the Obamacare Web site said it. It's pretty much just a cliche' anymore. I think I can speak for the skeptics here who will inevitably say: "I'll believe it when I see it."
On the plus side, the company admits there are, in fact, problems to be addressed and that everything is not beer & skittles. Apparently, if this guy is to be believed, there is some factual basis for people to not trust Taurus quality. This, in my mind constitutes at least some degree of validation for those who aren't enamored of all things Taurus.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 01-16-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #165
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

After talking to Mark Kresser at Taurus yesterday I am quite confident that they do stand behind their products, and they are committed to making their products not only affordable but at least as reliable as competitors. Mark is first and foremost a gun guy, not a CEO. Well, I asked him in the interview how he would describe himself as far as 2A advocacy (first) gun guy (second) and CEO (distant last). They are not like the companies that are owned by global conglomerates who themselves do not value and defend the 2A.

Stay tuned for more!

Old 01-17-2014, 03:38 AM   #166
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22191 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

haters are gonna hate. ya can't change their narrowmindedness, so let them have their distorted views upon reality.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:47 AM   #167

Liked 2218 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
Maybe a person who buys 12 guns in 12 years can get a good track record. And maybe that's a lot of guns to them.

Lots of dime store lawyering attempts at leading statements and spin on this thread.

Bottom line:

The shop I worked at wasn't just some hole in the wall mom and pop place, not a chain either.

I don't know how many hundreds of Taurus the place sold when I was there. Pages and pages of repair sendback in the notebook...so many that most employees laugh when they have to add another one.

The owner knows they are prone to having issues, all employees do too, but the customer base demands that they stock 'em and a fair number are willing to live with any hassles they may encounter. Some may trade a problematic rig off after failure of company to fix, and go back and buy a copy of it. There is a bit of brand loyalty..............and sometimes it's a wonder. Again, socially, maybe there's some deal with a need for added attention.

I dunno.

It's their money, they can justify spending it however they want.
At least the customers were standing up for their rights as a consumer. All we can do as consumers is demand what we paid for.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:54 AM   #168
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22191 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
At least the customers were standing up for their rights as a consumer. All we can do as consumers is demand what we paid for.
fact of the matter is, most of us actually get what we pay for. we don't have to go around throwing tantrums and demanding things like children.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #169

FWIW I've seen some tantrums in the gunshop.............all on the customer side too.

You get enough traffic, you see some pretty silly and or stupid sh*t.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
They ALL say it. The guys who built the Obamacare Web site said it. It's pretty much just a cliche' anymore. I think I can speak for the skeptics here who will inevitably say: "I'll believe it when I see it."
On the plus side, the company admits there are, in fact, problems to be addressed and that everything is not beer & skittles. Apparently, if this guy is to be believed, there is some factual basis for people to not trust Taurus quality. This, in my mind constitutes at least some degree of validation for those who aren't enamored of all things Taurus.
I earned my title of "gun-snob" fair and square.

How dare you come along with facts and undermine my accomplishment.

BTW, "gun snob" in the social evils dictionary is right under "racist" (organized by sin level).