Taurus Haters - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Haters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

I love my PT92C. Only pistol I've had a problem with os my Springfield 1911. I also have a Remington 20 guage shotgun that had to much paint in magazine tube from factory. Winchester shells wouldn't fit but Remington shells do. I guess I should swear off Remington and Springfield forever.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:53 AM   #132

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I have one Taurus, PT38 and I love it. But my brother in law had a couple and he sold both of them because he just wasn't happy with quality or performance.

But I'd like to see a few more threads started:
Smith & Wesson Haters
Glock Haters
Ruger Haters

I'm sure that they exist just as well as the Taurus haters. But maybe we need all of those threads.....or maybe none of them.

No different that Ford or Chevy haters....there are millions of each....but both are right and both are wrong. It's the half empty or half full thing.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

People Like This 
Old 01-12-2014, 04:41 AM   #133

I own a PT 24/7 pro ds and have no troubles at all. Ive shot cheap ammo through it multiple times and have not had any failures or jams. The only thing I dont like is the trigger but its doing the job it was designed for

Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #134

Liked 2208 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
I have one Taurus, PT38 and I love it. But my brother in law had a couple and he sold both of them because he just wasn't happy with quality or performance.

But I'd like to see a few more threads started:
Smith & Wesson Haters
Glock Haters
Ruger Haters

I'm sure that they exist just as well as the Taurus haters. But maybe we need all of those threads.....or maybe none of them.

No different that Ford or Chevy haters....there are millions of each....but both are right and both are wrong. It's the half empty or half full thing.
The difference between a Taurus hater and a Glock hater is Taurus haters just hate the brand Taurus because they have had a bad experience. Glock haters are a horse of a different color.

Glock haters don't hate the brand. They hate the people that own Glocks. Some Glock owners are just flat out hard to be around. All you hear is a glock would have done this or that. If I beat a Glock owner just a win isn't enough. I have to beat the Glock owner by over a full second, especially when shooting an inferior pistol such as a Ruger P95.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #135

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

First pistol I bought when I got out of the service was a Rossi snub nosed .357. Can't remember the model number, but it's the exact same damn thing as the same model/style in Taurus.

Everyday I regret selling it. My only complaint was that goofy assed hammer lock. It just looked ugly. If I knew then how to take apart a gun like I can now, I would have just removed it and left an empty hole.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #136

Liked 312 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I worked in a shop that sold a lot of guns, many were Taurus.
Even volume adjusted, they had a very high failure rate. I fixed many and also sent a ton back.
Design, processing and metallurgy...........failures repeatedly in all categories.
The least likely to mess up? Old K frame and Beretta 92 clones.
Lots of suck in between those models.

Many guns sent to repair came back with the same problem, sometimes after being sent back more than once. Can take 6 months or longer for the repair too......and you just send it in and wait.................calling to check after a few months gets you nothing.

Yes, any company can have one or even a string now and then of less than ideal stuff.

A lemon once in a while is one thing.

Taurus? They should change their name to "Country Time".

The gear crappy and the average proponent of it similar, so bad being stuch behind the counter and hearing such crap..............that I even on standby (don't work for the shop anymore but help them out) REFUSE to even touch a Taurus. Yup, kind of a joke in the shop.

Got a Lifetime warranty? Yup. Go ahead and use it. I aint touchin' the damn thing.

I also agree with JD's assessment of Glocks. I shoot them well, but don't own any myself. My dad is a Sig guy and I can't shoot them for crap (if given the choice I'd go Glock). But I have simply had my fill of the Glock nonsense, so much so that I'd say screw that brand too and just get an M&P. I think they look nicer too and with an Apex trigger are pretty sweet.

But I don't really need a high cap, am content to run my 1911 Colt that's been flawless for thousands of rounds (and shoots damn good too). If I need more firepower..........I grab a rifle

In fact I think every good citizen should have some military pattern type rifle.

But not that Taurus PCR thing

Last edited by Hookeye; 01-13-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Mongo Likes This 
Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #137

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
I worked in a shop that sold a lot of guns, many were Taurus.
Even volume adjusted, they had a very high failure rate. I fixed many and also sent a ton back.
Design, processing and metallurgy...........failures repeatedly in all categories.
The least likely to mess up? Old K frame and Beretta 92 clones.
Lots of suck in between those models.

Many guns sent to repair came back with the same problem, sometimes after being sent back more than once. Can take 6 months or longer for the repair too......and you just send it in and wait.................calling to check after a few months gets you nothing.

Yes, any company can have one or even a string now and then of less than ideal stuff.

A lemon once in a while is one thing.

Taurus? They should change their name to "Country Time".
This is why I wont buy another one. I sent a tracker 992 in twice for the same thing. It took about 6 month all together.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #138

Liked 312 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 25

With the bad, I gotta add........

one customer started reloading, so you know what that means. On our range he blows his Judge in half. Claims he didn't know what happened but we eventually got the truth. OK, called Taurus and they said "send it in".

Oh....kay...................

9 months later, no exchange of info in between.............a box just shows up, with minimal paperwork stating "exchange/replace".

Dude didn't deserve a new gun IMHO, but Judges new then and they probably wanted to X section the various areas/pieces. He got a new rig for free.

Pretty nice of them. Would have been nicer if they bought him a Smith

Old 01-15-2014, 01:08 AM   #139

Liked 67 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I think some people are taking this personally. For me I don't hate any guns, I reserve that emotion for the anti-gun left.

As for why Taurus, I would have to guess that more people have had bad experience. After all there are other cheap brands out there: Kel-Tec, Charter Arms, Hi-Point...that do not get as much bad press as Taurus.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:22 AM   #140
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINCANBANDIT View Post
I think some people are taking this personally. For me I don't hate any guns, I reserve that emotion for the anti-gun left.

As for why Taurus, I would have to guess that more people have had bad experience. After all there are other cheap brands out there: Kel-Tec, Charter Arms, Hi-Point...that do not get as much bad press as Taurus.
i'll be honest, that i have never had a problem with any of the Taurus pistols i have owned over the last twenty years, and i have owned a few. i like the Taurus line of revolvers and some of the semi-autos as well. i currently own two Taurus revolvers and my brother has a Judge and a small semi-auto and they are doing just great.

an if someone has a legitemate problem or complaint, then i will allow them their opinion and their beliefs. but the ones that chap my azz are the ones who repeat internet rumors or myths, or something they heard about one that their BIL's friends cousin had a problem with as if they were trying to pass it off as their own experiance.

myself, i like Remington firearms, but i hate the Model 710 and the Model 770 with a passion. two of the worst POS's that Remington ever tried to pass of a rifles. now i may dog the 710 and the 770, but i won't dog Remington as whole. they still make some fine firearms.

i will respect someone's opinion that they have dislike about a brand or a certain firearm, as long as it's from personal experiance and dealings with that comapany or gun.