Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus Haters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
The only one I have ever had is a stainless target PT-92. It's kick butt. It's every bit as good as a Beretta, which I also one one of.
I've said time and time again that they had production issues with some models....plenty of guns go back to the factory for one reason or another.
I've got a SS PT92 also. Similar experience. Thousands of rounds through it over the years with zero issues. I also have a 22 conversion kit for it that performs flawlessly. The two 22 conversion kits I tried on my Glocks were fairly worthless in comparison.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #92

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Would love to get either the Judge Carbine or the 6.5"...But I do have a PT-92 SS Match....over 20 Years...
Lol. The 6 1/2 would have to be carried off body.
I have a pretty good hip holster and the Judge goes with me virtually everywhere. Hehe, but i must confess, i am aware of its presence at all times. Its poking me somewhere no matter what im doing. Either the ribs or on the side of my thigh..
Ah, but my next play purdys are on the way!! I noticed others do not get exited as i do about these models..
But i have ordered myself a German Luger... and an adorable Walther P38 9MM... :-)
The numbers on the luger wont match. (If that pistol could talk).. but the walther i ordered in exelent condition.
"I will love him and squeeze him and squeese him and pet him"..
I digress... my point before ADD took over was that after i shoot many.rounds from the walther and am.convinced of its reliability i will then replace the taurus judge 3" with my walther.. my grandfather told us that as long as its kept well cleaned and oiled that it would always work fine..
As for the Judge, it will be.designated as our home defence gun..

Last edited by thejudge410; 12-26-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 939 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Quote:
Please tell me What Brit Outfit is Carrying The Block-I-Mean Glock? no all Jokes aside, Who aside from "Special Purpose" units. I know MI-5 & 6 Carry what they want.....Brit Naval Intel? SAS/SBS? The Paras?
British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force. Unless Her Majesty has 25,000+ special operations personnel on active duty.

I'm not sure what constitutes "special" vs regular military units, but I'd say that's a replacement of the standard issue sidearm.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #94
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19940 Times on 11331 Posts
Likes Given: 50257

my final thoughts on this subject are this. if you like Taurus and are comfortable in buying and shooting them, like i am, then by all means enjoy them.

if you are simply repeating internet myths and rumours without any actual hands on experiance with a Taurus, then please refrain from making judgements or observations about things you have no direct knowledge of. it confuses those who are trying to make decision about them. it does a great disservice to repeat nonsense, when you don't have actual knowledge or experiance with an item in question.

and the friend of your BIL's friend isn't personal knowledge or experiance. leave it out of the thread, just the same as you heard it on the internet, so it must be true, huh?

Old 12-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #95

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Brand snobs are simply that. Does there opinion really matter. naaaaa We have 3 Taurus handguns. All are great handguns . .

Old 12-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #96

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Heck fellow gun lovers, youtube is a virtual plethora of range tests and reviews on just about every make and model. Ballistics gels to paper targets its all there.. the internet is indeed a useful tool for those that are considering to aquire firearms that they may not have alot of knowledge about...
I promise that "my cousins freinds uncle had one and bla bla bla" is NEVER GONNA BE ACURATE...

Old 12-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #97

Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Please tell me What Brit Outfit is Carrying The Block-I-Mean Glock? no all Jokes aside, Who aside from "Special Purpose" units. I know MI-5 & 6 Carry what they want.....Brit Naval Intel? SAS/SBS? The Paras?
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/11/uk-military-picks-glock-as-replacement-pistol-for-armed-forces/

It would appear that the UK adopted the G-17 for general issue at the beginning of 2013 as the L131A1, to replace the Browning HP. It would be nice if those "surplused" HPs were allowed to be imported.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 12-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #98
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512
British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force. Unless Her Majesty has 25,000+ special operations personnel on active duty. I'm not sure what constitutes "special" vs regular military units, but I'd say that's a replacement of the standard issue sidearm.
So now we know. It's never been a good fit in My Hand...It feels Like a Plastic BRICK whenever I held one...thats just me..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 12-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/11/uk-military-picks-glock-as-replacement-pistol-for-armed-forces/

It would appear that the UK adopted the G-17 for general issue at the beginning of 2013 as the L131A1, to replace the Browning HP. It would be nice if those "surplused" HPs were allowed to be imported.
The Brits will throw em in the English Channel. No chance the Brownings will end up here. The wrong people might get the pistols, you know law abiding citizens.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #100

Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The Brits will throw em in the English Channel. No chance the Brownings will end up here. The wrong people might get the pistols, you know law abiding citizens.
Never know they might like to take some money, and not care what happens in the old colonies.

Heck, we could maybe strike a deal, like:
We give them back Piers Morgan and they give us the guns.

Or option 2: They give us the guns to make up for us taking Piers Morgan off their hands.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 12-26-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This