Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus 94

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Taurus 94

I got a Taurus 94 4" back in February,and I am 50/50 on whether I like it or not.It has been plagued with misfires from the beginning and eventually it seemed to have a problem with locking up when using SA.I sent it in to Taurus with no fee from the store I purchased it at,and I like the lifetime warranty of Taurus,and all for $290 new,I think it's a good deal,but I am unsure as to whether in the long run saving a little money and a lifetime gun is worth the trouble of sending it in more often then I would need with a more expensive revolver

.22.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 113 Times on 87 Posts

I used to sell guns, and I have owned I don't know how many. The only two DA revolvers I have left are Tauruses - one from the '80s. I have never had a problem with one. I had very few problems with ones I sold, and Taurus took care of those. I also sold Smiths and Colts that had problems, and there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of difference in the issue rate. And the manufacturers took care of all of them. I am unaware of any issues with Taurus that would make one go bad over time, especially a .22.
Smith people seem to hate them with a passion, and in the same breath as they rave about a Smith, they will tell you they ain't gonna buy another one until Smith loses that lock.

What could have happened... did.

Tags
taurus 94