Taurus 85 poly
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus 85 poly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus 85 poly

Recently looked at one of these at the local gun shop. The salesman had a lot of good things to say about it. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I recently purchased one of these guns (June) and loved it until the problems arose. I was shooting it for the second time and on the third bullet/cartridge the trigger just froze. Turns out, the hammer "safety" automatically locked itself and I had to get the key to unlock it before I could finish shooting the rounds. This particular problem happened three times. Next, when I was in the range, qualifying for my C.C.W. permit, I was in the middle of a rapid fire round and I began feeling hot metal flying at me. The gun was shaving lead off the bullets and kicking pieces back at me. One small piece drew a small amount of blood from my arm, and another larger piece jammed up the cylinder to the point that the instructor would not allow me to continue with my gun; I had to borrow his. And, given the fact that I purchased this gun for self-protection, I hate to think that one of these issues could arise in the event that I had to shoot someone to save my life. Now, my only option is to send it back to Taurus and have them "fix" it and return it back to me. Will I trust that the gun will work fine after it's "fixed"? I doubt it. Will I ever have enough confidence in Taurus to purchase another one of their guns? I doubt this also. I hate to have that opinion, now, because I like Taurus guns, but my life is a little more valuable to me than my faithfulness to a gun manufacturer....