Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Taurus .357mag Tracker Opinions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/taurus-357mag-tracker-opinions-50188/)

dave88 10-20-2011 05:34 AM

Taurus .357mag Tracker Opinions
 
Hey guy's.

As a newbie to the site, I'd like to say, Great site and I'm looking forward to spending a bit a time here with you.

I own three semi-auto Taurus hand guns and I can't complain at all however, I have known of others whom has not been as lucky. I've been looking at buying a Taurus Tracker, 357mag. I've read some bad things about their barrels completely leaving the frame during firing due to fractures in the metal where barrel joins the frame.

I'd like to here from any of you with expierce with this gun or on Taurus revolvers in general.

Thanks in advance for your replys...!
Dave

danf_fl 10-20-2011 10:53 AM

Welcome to the forum. We have an "Introductions" area where we ask people to say "hello".

Taurus has a lifetime warranty. Don't worry about anything breaking until it does.
I've had good luck with the Taurus revolvers, "iffy" luck with polymer framed.

Dropy 10-23-2011 07:43 PM

I love my Taurus Tracker.

trip286 10-23-2011 08:59 PM

My closest friend has a Tracker .357 with I think an 8" bbl. He shoots some handloads that were intended for use in a rifle. I don't know what they are loaded with, but he gave me a box for my S&W and after the first 2 rounds I gave the rest of the box back. It hurt to shoot that stuff, and I had oil splatter out of my side plate. But his Tracker handles it just fine.

canebrake 10-23-2011 09:06 PM

dave88, why don't you jump over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself?

HOSSFLY 10-25-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 605838)
Welcome to the forum. We have an "Introductions" area where we ask people to say "hello".

Taurus has a lifetime warranty. Don't worry about anything breaking until it does.
I've had good luck with the Taurus revolvers, "iffy" luck with polymer framed.

Ditto
Ditto

spittinfire 10-25-2011 01:11 AM

dave88, we're glad to have you here. Stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here.

I have not had good luck with Taurus so I steer clear of them. I know a number of people here have and love them but personally, I would pick up a full lug Ruger GP100 for about the same money and never look back.

unclebear 10-25-2011 02:31 AM

Ya I have a Taurus model 66 in 357 mag, love the gun it was my dads, after several years of carrying it firing it and just putting it through hell it still shoot straight haven't had one problem with it ever.

Dropy 10-25-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 609706)
dave88, we're glad to have you here. Stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here.

I have not had good luck with Taurus so I steer clear of them. I know a number of people here have and love them but personally, I would pick up a full lug Ruger GP100 for about the same money and never look back.



All the GP100 i have found were 200$ more than the Taurus i just bought.

spittinfire 10-25-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropy (Post 610310)
All the GP100 i have found were 200$ more than the Taurus i just bought.

What price are the GP100s going for in your area?


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:13 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.