Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus 357 -blows up

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

I think that the pistol was worn out from shooting I bet hundreds of thousands of rounds. I see the big flame out the bag of the gun. Maybe the cylander and barrel were not lined up and the bullet struck the barrel at the rear causing it to blow the barrel off. I dunno just thinking out loud.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #22

I had a Taurus model 66 and 85, years ago. The problem I had was, the cylinder, didn't lock into place. This happen with both models.

I sent them back to the Manufacture but, they would do it again after about every 200 rounds.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2261 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I think that the pistol was worn out from shooting I bet hundreds of thousands of rounds. I see the big flame out the bag of the gun. Maybe the cylander and barrel were not lined up and the bullet struck the barrel at the rear causing it to blow the barrel off. I dunno just thinking out loud.
That is kind of what I was hypothesysing. The only problem is if he cylinder is mis-aligned enough to cause that, it is generally mis-aligned enough to prevent the firing pin from striking the primer.

Squib load and/or obstruction are more likely in my book.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #24

[QUOTE=martyd;18196]Hi,
I just bought a new Taurus -357-7 shot-#66SS. I use it 4 times when I opened a new box of Rem.357-124 gr. bullets. I took the first shot and it blow up. I found all 7 bullets. The bullet that went off, you can see that the firing pin hit it dead center.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #25

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolson View Post
My barrel cracked on my Snub 38 after I used less than 50 rounds. Taurus has a lifetime warranty. They recieved mine at the (factory) in Florida in January. I've called over a dozen times and get the same answer. We are sending it now! When I call back, I get another excuse, and they will send it as soon as a shipment arrives from Brazil, or whatever. Here we are coming up on June. Cabela's in Hammond, Indiana sent it out for me ($30), but now say it's out of their hands! Any advise ( other than don't ever buy a Taurus ).
I don't believe this.

Upon receiving, they send you an email with a link. From that link you can check status. They tell you specifically not to call, rather check progress online.

I've run Taurus warranty 3 times, 5 weeks was the longest.

If indeed your story is 100% fact, I think Cabelas. A. Lost it. B. Didn't send it immediately

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Im glad I don't own one

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

[quote=martyd;710352]

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyd View Post
Hi,
I just bought a new Taurus -357-7 shot-#66SS. I use it 4 times when I opened a new box of Rem.357-124 gr. bullets. I took the first shot and it blow up. I found all 7 bullets. The bullet that went off, you can see that the firing pin hit it dead center.
Why on earth did this ancient post get bumped?

Taurus products (in my opinion) suck ... I bought a TCP which came apart on the first shot at the range.. Took it back and replaced it with a Ruger LCP which has run flawlesly.. I've heard all kinds of horror stories concerning their metalergy and weapons parts failing. Having a lifetime warranty might be nice (and most firearms manufactures have this now) but if you are always having to send it back due to failures, it's not worth owning and definatelly not worth depending your life on...

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I couldn't agree with you more ill never have one

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #29

Taurus. Ew.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #30

This happened 3 years ago. It got bumped off of Taurus forum because they didnot like me talking bad about taurus guns. This site let me say what i wanted to about taurus - [Firearms talk -I thank you.] You would think people would want to know if some gun maker are making guns with cheap parts. I did what i felt was the right thing to do. Im done with taurus. I just picked up my Sig gun today 226 -45-- I have the 226x5 L1 9x19 on order.
WOW - what a gun ! I havent shot it yet. Im still reading and took it apart 2 times. I found my maker -the hard way !!!!

Closed Thread